Post Phoenix Pics Please

I was planning to put those exact two together. The pictures are of the same pullet. I just now need to get a bbr pullet for Ed. And at least now I know what color to look for for Blue Boy.

Those roos, just wow!

Today I am building a winter coop for the phoenix boys. What should I aim for dimension wise.? Was thinking a 3x4 area for both, 4feet at the front, 3 at the back, Roost at 2.5 feet centered, so they can be by each other. There will be a divider between them, but I don't want them lonely. I can make it taller, that's not a problem. Being in Mi, it'll be elevated, so, I need to keep their under area at least two feet up so I can have them a small run for the winter that'll be free of snow. Should I consider a heat source for them? Their coop will be between my big coop and my marans coop for wind blocks.

I was planning to put those exact two together. The pictures are of the same pullet. I just now need to get a bbr pullet for Ed. And at least now I know what color to look for for Blue Boy.

Those roos, just wow!

Today I am building a winter coop for the phoenix boys. What should I aim for dimension wise.? Was thinking a 3x4 area for both, 4feet at the front, 3 at the back, Roost at 2.5 feet centered, so they can be by each other. There will be a divider between them, but I don't want them lonely. I can make it taller, that's not a problem. Being in Mi, it'll be elevated, so, I need to keep their under area at least two feet up so I can have them a small run for the winter that'll be free of snow. Should I consider a heat source for them? Their coop will be between my big coop and my marans coop for wind blocks.

I will have bbred hens if you need one you can pm me. That sounds a bit small as far as growing their tails out, but should work for a little while because they are young still. And the runs will be good. I would consider a heat lamp so they don't get frost bite on the combs..

These birds came from Decoymans stock. I am so lucky to have gotten such fun colors.

She was just a blue Bob red. Very easy to make. Just breeds that barred male to more bb reds. You will get ones just like she was but barred too. You can breed these barred hens to a bb red male and then get blue red girls again. Now breed them back to the bb male and you will get blue reds in both sexes. But its all just variations on bb red. which is about the most common color in phoenix. So with a little breeding you can do it easily...

Sweet! I copied that to my notes on my computer. Will have to give it a try and see what happens! Could be loads of fun.

Onagadori, the only way I could take a pullet is if it have been vaccinated for mareks. Otherwise, I will have to consider incubating in the spring, and vaccinating as soon as they hatch.

What color would my Roo be considered? The barring is all across his chest, but is a blk feather with gold, opposite of His hackles. Thanks

Back
Top Bottom