Post Phoenix Pics Please

I have a question, I hatched a bunch of random bantam eggs and one of my hens has turned out looking just like a Phoenix hen!! But she is TINY And doesn't seem to be growing anymore!! I just got a tiny egg from her but I'm just wondering if its normal for her to be so small? Idk much about this breed. Thanks and this is a pic of her. Little girl with a big attitude! Haha her name is Miss Thang

She looks like an old English game bantam to me.. Silver duckwing.. note the leg color.. and she is a bit more heavy bodied than a phoenix would be..they are generally streamline in the body. Tight hard feathering too.. Old English bantams are generally very tiny..
Hope this helps.

She looks like an old English game bantam to me.. Silver duckwing.. note the leg color.. and she is a bit more heavy bodied than a phoenix would be..they are generally streamline in the body. Tight hard feathering too.. Old English bantams are generally very tiny..
Hope this helps.

Thank u!!! I will look into those hens and see what I come up with. I had found pics of the Phoenix hens and she looked identical, so I automatically Thot maybe she was that!! Lol thanks again for the help

She is colored like a silver phoenix, but only because she is the same color.. Any breed can come in silver, but to be a phoenix, she would need slate blue legs and white earlobes..

This is going to sound like a dumb question but when you breed two gold duckwing Phoenix are the offspring all gold duckwing because I know with blue laced Wyandottes u get a mixture and I think I heard somewhere that u do.

It depends on if your golden duckwing is a silver/bbred mix or a real golden duckwing. If it is a true golden duckwing, it will breed true. If it is a gold made from bbred and silver crosses, you will get a mixture of silver, bbred, and gold.

I have a gold duckwing Phoenix bantam called phelix and he's about 22-25 weeks old and two of his tail feathers have fell out in about 2-3 days, they are cemetrical feathers that fell out but I was wondering, are all his feathers going to fall out because some of my other chickens are either finishing their moult or just starting or are these the feathers that just randomly fall out on Phoenix?

Back
Top Bottom