rare breeds

speckledhen,
In post #10 you have a bird in the lower right that is black bottomed and brown near the neck. That is what our "freebie" bird looks like. Can you tell me what breed this is? It's drinving my nuts that I can't figure out what it is!
Thanks!
smile.png

scrambledeggs, when I say expensive, I mean $5 for a straight run chick plus shipping. I've seen $28 for a dozen hatching eggs plus shipping as well on the Blue Orpingtons.

FWF, that chick is the product of an Easter Egger father and a Barred Plymouth Rock mother. She has the coloring similar to Easter Egger hens I've seen. She has a sister that looks almost identical to her. I hope they both lay blue or green eggs!

Thanks for you help everyone. I ordered 20 BLRW chicks that should arrive in mid June from www.reddirtchickenranch.com. I can't wait! I also might get some Penedesencas this weekend (crossing my fingers). BLRWs seem like a rare variety that is becoming more popular. I find them to be amazingly beautiful. I just recently discovered penes and learned today that a local breeder has some for sale. I'm excited beyond words!
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom