Recycled Seed Bag!!

I caught myself thinking last night that ones made of a holiday-ish fabric would be cool to use as gift-bags at Christmas. Then the recipient would have the bag to re-use as well as the actual gift.

The trick would be finding cheery fabric that would dress up Christmas but also be okay for post-holiday use....

Quote:
I found CHICKEN WIRE fabric last night
gig.gif
It was really neat, perhaps plain looking for some, but I like that, not too LOUD.
(I didn't BUY it - YET
lau.gif
)

Heaven help me! That sounds so cool!!

If I take on ANOTHER project, DH will kill me.
He's already whining over all the fruits & veggies I bring home and expect him to help me process.
He can't seem to understand that the farmers market only has certain fruits/veggies each weekend, and if I don't get what I want now it might not be there next week. Plus, it's just as much work to process one bag of veggies for the freezer as it is 6 bags (well, not exactly but you get my point).

Anyway, if I bought 10 yards of fabric and said we're making our gift bags this year... well, I'd have a mutiny on my hands!!!

I'm already storing 20 skeins of yarn in my trunk so he won't freak over the crocheting....

gig.gif
We're all SO BAD!!!

I have a closet FULL of yarn, but I'm happy to report it was given to me, I didn't buy it! LOL
The boxes and boxes of fabric, well thats all ME
lau.gif

That bag is super cute. I am saving up bags now and looking at garage sales for a sewing machine. LOL So far I have horse and chicken feed bags saved.

I've been busy sewing a new bag - I might finish tomorrow.

I'm using fabric and a pattern from a plastic grocery bag.
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom