Redness on the back of my drake's neck

Seems like I do have some spying to do....

I know when I feed them in the morning they will peck and pick at each other to reach the bowls, I haven't seen anyone grab him yet but I'll have to watch. We're getting rid of most of our drakes either today or tomorrow so maybe the issue will go away when he only has one drake to contend with.

My scovy drake has this same thing... he is in with 2 ducks tho....

That's strange. Are the females aggressive to him maybe?

I have only seen this when I had more than one Muscovy drake that seems to be prime area for injury when fighting. Maybe he scraped his neck poking his head some where tight?

Last edited:
Seems like I do have some spying to do....

I know when I feed them in the morning they will peck and pick at each other to reach the bowls, I haven't seen anyone grab him yet but I'll have to watch. We're getting rid of most of our drakes either today or tomorrow so maybe the issue will go away when he only has one drake to contend with.

That's strange. Are the females aggressive to him maybe?
No way they are very submissive to him... I was thinking he was getting sunburned but idk :D

I know this post is old, but our dominant Muscovy drake has had a red place in the same spot for a while. We thought maybe the other drake beat him up and was taking over. It's been there for months. This morning, I was able to get close enough to see it clearly. Fyi they hate me. Lol I'm supposed to bring food and water and immediately leave the restricted area and mind my own business. They have top secret Muscovy business to tend to. It is 100% caruncles back there. I was really surprised and didn't know they got them on the back of the neck. 🤷🏻‍♀️. Who knew lol when I googled it, somewhere or nother said only the non dominant drake will get them, but the only one with them on the back of his handsome little neck, is the head drake in charge. Hope this helps somebody, somewhere, sometime.

Good afternoon @Psychofeatherlover it wasn't too bad 34 this morning.

My drake that I had for almost 13 yrs had caruncles on his neck I thought maybe from fighting with my gander when they were both in their prime. I don't know for sure though. Always wondered if when feathers get pulled out if caruncles showed up.

Back
Top Bottom