You can't ingest essential oils. If you look at the start though it says Oregano oil not essential oil of oregano
essential oils can be used topically with a carrier oil.Okay just drop the essential oil part and think Oil of oregano that is what you want to use

You can't ingest essential oils. If you look at the start though it says Oregano oil not essential oil of oregano
essential oils can be used topically with a carrier oil.Okay just drop the essential oil part and think Oil of oregano that is what you want to use
i understand but the bottle i have says oil of oregano essential oil and in the back it says it’s can be ingested. so is it only ok for humans but not for animals then?
F0DF241B-0BFC-400F-BE87-FA9E0259D87E.jpeg
01607AAA-3D7E-47F9-A0DB-FED6BB8D236F.jpeg

it says it has a strong taste, so dilute it.
I did put one drop of this in 1 gallon of water earlier and before bed my chickens took a sip.

i understand but the bottle i have says oil of oregano essential oil and in the back it says it’s can be ingested. so is it only ok for humans but not for animals then? View attachment 3939484View attachment 3939485
it says it has a strong taste, so dilute it.
I did put one drop of this in 1 gallon of water earlier and before bed my chickens took a sip.
I’m not familiar with this if it says you can ingest then use it. Or contact the company. That would be a good idea.

the company hasn’t replied to my message yet in the meantime, I bought this other oregano oil -
44E0C084-C8FA-4AA6-8BA1-2FBBAD473C05.jpeg
AC320EB7-597B-4D2B-93FC-3BC6C24FB0F7.jpeg
35E126C6-2C9E-4DAF-8B37-12254B80BF6A.jpeg
and just need an idea of how many drops per gallon of water I can use of this? i’m going to start with just one drop per gallon right now.

and oh my one more thing I just started wondering if it will hurt ducks eyes because clean their eyes in the water chicken don’t so I’m sure it’s fine for chickens, but how do we know it hurts so I just tried it. I filled a clean bucket with water, added the drop of oregano oil stirred it and then put some in my own eye, it’s fine so far…

That is how I test things too before using on my flock. I doubt 5 drops in a gallon is going to cause eye irritation. But you could add a drop a day over 5 days? Just guessing here. I use dried greek oregano in my flocks feed bucket. I've got the oil of oregano but never used it on the birds.

Back
Top Bottom