Ribh's D'Coopage

Anna's bed is all finished! She was so surprised. She absolutely loves it!!

20200720_210223.jpg

I think she made need more stuffed animals...I don't think she has quite enough!🤣🤣

20200720_211208.jpg

Yes. I have strong views about grass in this country & if there weren't big dogs roaming free I'd give my girls some time in the vacant paddock across the road but they do so I don't. And they do love foraging in the deep litter that is everywhere in our yard so what they miss out on in one instance they get in another. :) They just don't look quite so pretty as if posed against a beautiful lush green.
I like your run. It could be bigger but this is almost always the case. It has interesting 'features' which I believe makes an enormous difference to the mental health of a chicken.
Looking at some of the coops and runs, many are more like high security prisons and from what I can gather with some of these the chickens never leave them.

Last edited:
Good morning folks :frow

Anna's bed is all finished! She was so surprised. She absolutely loves it!!

View attachment 2255394

I think she made need more stuffed animals...I don't think she has quite enough!🤣🤣

View attachment 2255395
So precious....

ETA: I helped my Daughter build one of Ana White's bed designs for her girls. That was a ton of fun. This is close but not quite right. Bottom bed was where they are sitting. https://www.ana-white.com/community-projects/cottage-bunk-bed Of course, it didn't take the girls long to out grow it.

I like your run. It could be bigger but this is almost always the case. It has interesting 'features' which I believe makes an enormous difference to the mental health of a chicken.
Looking at some of the coops and runs, many are more like high security prisons and from what I can gather with some of these the chickens never leave them.
It will be a little bigger when we have finished the extension & incorporate the really sunny corner where everyone likes to sun bathe. Unfortunately the terrain limits us from going any further down the hill.

Back
Top Bottom