Ribh's D'Coopage

Oh okay... so this was a sudden thing? With Nugget? So not the one that has been having issues... how old was she?
It really gets me when I read those words “she’s gone” ... I just read them yesterday from BY Bob.. he just lost Patsy :(.. it’s truly sad... be blessed and hugs to you :hugs
No, not the girl I've been so worried about. It was really sudden. A couple of days tops. I checked for obvious things. She was about 2 ~ not old old but not a young chook either. I should pop along to Bob & offer my condolences. It's such a madhouse here with renovations I haven't been catching up with everyone.

I was looking for crochet edgings this morning & found this!!! I can't wait to try this on something for YD!

Crochet-Little-Hen-Lace-Edging-with-Free-Pattern.jpg

View attachment 1829591
She's gone. :( I went to let the girls out & she was as stiff as a board in a nesting box. Going to clean & disinfect the coop now. *sigh* I know this is a fact of chicken keeping but I don't like it!

:hugsSo sorry for your loss :hugs she was a beautiful and loved chook. You did the best you could by her. Sometimes there’s nothing you can do.

Oh okay... so this was a sudden thing? With Nugget? So not the one that has been having issues... how old was she?
It really gets me when I read those words “she’s gone” ... I just read them yesterday from BY Bob.. he just lost Patsy :(.. it’s truly sad... be blessed and hugs to you :hugs

Tugs at the heart too much. They are such sweet creatures. We are truly blessed to have them in our lives. I’m crying more over other people’s chicken than my own lately it seems :(

:hugsSo sorry for your loss :hugs she was a beautiful and loved chook. You did the best you could by her. Sometimes there’s nothing you can do.
Thanks, Kris.:hugs Not even the bird I've been overly concerned about but her sister. It's just been a crap day. I know I checked her over when I noticed she wasn't herself but what I think might have done for her is something I couldn't have done anything about any way. Like you, no vet & travelling stresses sick animals so I really try not to do it unless it's unavoidable. It's upset the flock. They have been calling me all day & I keep rounding escaped birds up but @ least the coop is really clean & fresh & tomorrow is a new day!

Oh wow... That chicken crochet edging :love
My youngest is chicken mad. Unfortunately Nugget was technically hers...:( not great news to be passing along but I saw this & thought she would absolutely adore it [she does ~ :lau] & this is the wool I hope to use. It's in my cart but I can't pay for it till next week. :( Now I just have to hope I can follow the instructions. I do like the online videos. I can just copy step by step!:gig

260w (1).jpg

edited to clarify the red wool is for the blanket I would attach the chicken edging to.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom