Ribh's D'Coopage

Portia seems all recovered. She roosted with the tribe last night ~ with a little encouragement. :lol:
What a wonderful shot showing the fence with the neighbors. I feel like i haven't seen that view before. It looks marvelous there. The chickens look very happy. You have done a great job with your recent sick ones. :thumbsup

So it's taken me a little while to complete another video; I fell down an animation rabbit-hole and it's taken me a bit to climb back out. Nevertheless, here is video number four: "Portrait of Danu". I will post this on Bob's thread too.

And my chicken tax. It's still Fluffy Butt Friday! (And I haven't forgotten the piano videos; I have to wade (yes wade) through my husband's office to get to my old computer. Someone may have to submit a missing person's report.) :D

View attachment 3045501
And the hits keep coming! A completely different turn and i love it! it sure was worth the wait. Great work. 🥰 🥰 🥰 🥰

There are 3 chickens in here vying for nesting space. 🙄
Unfortunately Portia is one of them. Luna is behind & under her & Beatha is @ the back. As Luna was there first she wasn't budging for anyone!
View attachment 3045144

Olivia politely asked to come inside this morning. She settled beside me for a quick cuddle but really she was looking for a suitable laying spot. She has retreated to the shed.​
View attachment 3045145
come on rooster lady. Help me find a good place to lay my egg. Such a darling little lady. 🥰 🥰

One of the things I truly hate about keeping chickens is the flies!!!
They come in absolute droves. 🤢
I've always kept a couple of fly traps round the coop because I figure the girls are no fonder of them than I am. Given the amount of manure & our warm, damp summers it just seemed sensible to have a couple hanging where they'd catch the maximum number of flies.
However when we moved here & the girls insisted on hanging on the patio of an afternoon it became impossible to set foot outside without 1 or 2 flies getting into the house. My son hates them more than I do so I repurposed an old fly trap I found in the yard & hung it @ the back door. It's only been there a couple of weeks but that's disgusting! Yep, the fly population has been considerably reduced!
Anyone else with the same problem or is it lovely, muggy Queensland?
View attachment 3045146
We get flies in late summer and I have to deploy traps but i remember them coming before we had the chickens. Now that may be faulty memory as much as anything else. :confused: I cannot be certain.

Mine won't eat the flies. :( Can't say I blame them but when it comes to protein I guess they've been spoilt.
Mine love the flies. I have a no chemical trap that I call the natural chicken food accumulator. They all line up for the free insect snacks when i dump it.

Back
Top Bottom