***SEPTEMBER HATCH-A-LONG come join in***

Thank-you everyone! I now have 1 lavender, 1 wheaten and 1 black Ameraucana chick
big_smile.png
One is zipping with 3 pips still and no action so far on the other 7 eggs. It is only day 21, so there is still hope for the others!
wink.png
Everyone is getting such a fun and colorful mixture of chicks!! The pictures are all precious
love.gif

So far, I have 17 out of 20!!!! One egg I just tossed - it had a black fuzzy ring around the air cell when I candled it (keep in mind all eggs were ok on day 18) and there was no movement. I think it is an egg bomb in the making and didn't want it in there with the unhatched eggs. Three are still in the bator and I have two unhatched that still show veining so I am keeping them in. I did have to help zip the last two - they were screeching up a storm so I zipped for them and put em back in.

Chickee, I'm so glad your incubation has gone well this time! I want to come visit your babies once they all hatch!
big_smile.png
(Apologies for not PMing lately, I've been busy and had computer problems for a bit!)

Congrats to everyone who is hatching chicks right now! A lot of wonderful pictures of adorable babies on this page, that's for sure!
love.gif

I was a bit pessimistic about my serama eggs because shipping was rough on a lot of them/some of the eggs seemed too small to develop, but now I'm feeling better about them. I'm down to sixteen of them, a little under half of what was shipped to me, but all sixteen of them look great and were bouncing all around last night when I candled them (on day eight)! I love seeing them when they're around this stage and you can so clearly see the embryo moving around.
smile.png
Even being pessimistic I should get at least ten chicks, which is WELL worth what I paid for the eggs!

My serama hen has five or six eggs that are farther along, too, maybe at two weeks? Those are all looking great, too.

Looks like I'm going to have a bunch of serama chicks soon!
big_smile.png
I can't wait!

Last edited:
Quote:
I'm glad to hear your eggs are doing well!
big_smile.png
I now have 2 Lavender, 1 Black and 1 Wheaten chick. One Lavender Split is starting to zip and another Wheaten is working on its hole. The other 7 eggs are not doing a thing
sad.png
Plus the first egg to pip had all this fluid inside and was bubbling and now the poor thing is shrink wrapped but still alive! I'm hoping the two eggs will hatch soon so I can help the shrink wrapped one out
hmm.png
I feel so bad for it!!!!
barnie.gif

Congrats to everyone that has chickies now!
ya.gif
ya.gif
ya.gif
ya.gif

I finally got my quail eggs in the mail this morning!
bow.gif

Got 45, but 3 were broken so down to 42.
Question, they came in a quail egg carton, which is alot smaller then chicken egg cartons ( duh
tongue.png
) anyway, my question is how do I turn them? What I did was turn them all over on their sides ontop of the carton .... am I suppost to just turn them from the small end to the fat end?
THANK YOU!
bow.gif

Mrs. Fluffy Puffy :

ya.gif
ya.gif
ya.gif
ya.gif

bow.gif

Question, they came in a quail egg carton, which is alot smaller then chicken egg cartons ( duh
tongue.png
) anyway, my question is how do I turn them? What I did was turn them all over on their sides ontop of the carton .... am I suppost to just turn them from the small end to the fat end?
THANK YOU!
bow.gif

our quail eggs are hatching now​

Mrs. Fluffy Puffy :

Quote:
our quail eggs are hatching now

AWESOME!
ya.gif
jumpy.gif
woot.gif

What kind are you hatching .. again ..
hide.gif

bob white

Mrs. Fluffy Puffy :

ya.gif
ya.gif
ya.gif
ya.gif

bow.gif

tongue.png
THANK YOU!
bow.gif

I laid my coturnix quail eggs on the side...and rolled them.​

Back
Top Bottom