Setting today 2/15 Anyone else? Hatch-Along

frankensusan

Crowing
16 Years
May 17, 2007
Escondido, CA
I'm setting shipped LF cochin eggs today, trying to manage my hopes as they were not handled gently.
If there's anyone in the San Diego area with fertile LF cochins (esp blues and blacks) I would love to purchase some eggs!

17 going in the incubator tonight. Was looking for an android chicken hatching app, I see there's an ipod one, that's cool. Guess I'll stick with paper and excel spreadsheets. This will be my first time weighing them as part of the incubation.

Susan

I'm in! I set mine today as well. I was going to do it yesterday, but then I forgot about the 6 polish eggs that came in the mail, so I just waited another day. This is my first time incubating, so I am supercritical of everything I am doing. I did set 6 Blue cochins as well as some lavender orpingingtons and some marans.

I have Pekin ducks in a smaller incubator too.

It's so hard to wait that extra day after they get here! Actually I recounted.
I have
12 blue cochins
3 black cochins
2 mutts that I don't even know if they are fertile, I was using them to "warm up" the incubator. They've be in it for a few days, I'm using them as test case for my candler setup and weighing setup. Now I'm thinking that was a mistake as they will be a few days ahead of the other eggs. I'll leave them for now and if they all develop I'll have to think of a second incubator or something.

Susan, trying to wait a few more hours until it's been 24 hours since shipping!
hmm.png

I'm in as well! I just set some Wheaten/Blue Wheaten eggs I had shipped to me. I also tossed in some eggs from my own coop just to make sure I am not messing something up if the shipped eggs have issues.

I was getting ready to toss the packing from the shipped eggs and discovered another egg in the box so I have the following in incubator #2.....
16 Wheaten/Blue Wheaten
6 EE with either BO or BR
4 brown eggs with either BO or BR - I have no idea who laid them - they were just the warmest ones in the coop this afternoon so I grabbed them.

I'm going into lockdown with 23 of my own eggs tomorrow for my very first hatch - which is why I have 2 incubators going right now. I'm building a 3rd and getting that ready for more eggs that are due in late next week.....

Good luck to everyone!

I set 16 Delaware eggs on the 14th from my flock who JUST started laying again! They look lonely in that big ole bator....gotta get more eggs!

Wish I had more than one Delaware mine lays almost everyday she's one of my best layers and just set 10 mixed eggs of mine and setting 9 icelandics tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom