Should I buy eggs or wait it out?

That is Smoke. She is from my original flock. She is almost 8 and still lays about 2 eggs a week.
She is so lovely, it's always wonderful to hear about the older gals who still produce - had one of those frequent discussions about lights on Facebook recently...told the guy fine, put lights in, but remember, when your hens are turning 3 and you have quitters, don't be asking why.

We had crazy winters up on my old hill in N.Y., but I always felt safe. If we had the odd event, like an earthquake, it was small. Tornados didn't leave the valley, and the time the hurricanes made it all the way to the area, it was devastating and horrible, but not on my hill. We had a light sprinkle.
It's pretty safe in the plains of Colorado, hail is common...we get slammed w snow, but it doesn't last as long as I'm used to...sometimes it's gone before I have a chance to shovel.

I found someone to take the ducks. He built his run and pond, was going to get ducks in the spring. He fell for mine - from the photos I posted...and he feels bad bc I can't breathe. Tomorrow is the earliest he can get them...1 other interested party wanted to also buy the pond, but her husband out a squash on the whole deal.
The pond will be a dirt bath. We discussed a fish pond and aquatic plants, but it would have to be fenced off a bit to keep younger chickens from drowning. Besides, I have a fish pond out front...

Hi Ron. We are at my sister's in a nearby town, still in the smoke zone. As of 8:00 tonight, our place is still standing. The fire is creeping down the ridge and is being monitored. The firefighters will tackle it when it gets to the bottom at the edge of the neighborhood... about 50 homes so they will do what they can to protect it. Fingers crossed.

Hi Ron. We are at my sister's in a nearby town, still in the smoke zone. As of 8:00 tonight, our place is still standing. The fire is creeping down the ridge and is being monitored. The firefighters will tackle it when it gets to the bottom at the edge of the neighborhood... about 50 homes so they will do what they can to protect it. Fingers crossed.
What a terrible fire! It is good that you have all the animals and people safe.
Keep us posted and take care. :hugs

So glad you are safe! :hugs continued prayers for everyone's safety and well being!

The sweetest young guy just came and carried the ducks away. Turns out he only lives a couple of blocks away and he has spring pullets as well. So, of course, I invited him to join BYC in general, and this thread in particular.
:thumbsup
I hope he joins us!

Back
Top Bottom