Sick chick I think

AwesomelyWicked

In the Brooder
Jun 20, 2024
I’ve never had a sick chick but I believe this one is. Her name is Quindella, her feathers are matted and she has trouble with one eye not opening. Does anyone know what this could be

Attachments

• IMG_3842.png
    IMG_3842.png
    2 MB · Views: 23
  • IMG_3841.png
    IMG_3841.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 7
I’ve never had a sick chick but I believe this one is. Her name is Quindella, her feathers are matted and she has trouble with one eye not opening. Does anyone know what this could be
Not expert, but something similar happened to my chicks. Is the area she sleeps in wet? What's the temperature? Maybe she's too hot or cold. What does her poop look like? Is it bloody?

Clean her eye with saline, wipe out any debris or pus. Put some eye ointment like Terramycin in her eye or you can use Original Neosporin.

Any mucous coming from the nostrils, coughing, sneezing, etc.?

What's her poop like?

Is she able to eat/drink on her own?

Nothing in the nostrils, she is eating and drinking. I am going to pick up some antibiotics today. I’ve been wiping her eye with a warm damp cloth.
I am going to try to do my best, I don’t want to lose her

I would follow the advice that Wyorp Rock gave to clean and apply the antibiotic ointment to the eye at least twice a day. Is she having any mucus from her beak, or shaking her head and swallowing a lot? That can be symptoms of a common respiratory disease such as MG. Tylosin antibiotic powder can be purchased online, and it is put in the water 1 tsp per gallon for 5 days. Here is where to order that online without a prescription:
https://jedds.com/products/tylosin-powder
It is very hard to get antibiotics without a vet visit and prescription.

Back
Top Bottom