Silkie diet

And make sure she can’t drown in the water. I’ve seen people put large marbles in the water dish, or a brick. That’s if you haven’t got the proper water dish.
Good luck

It sounds like you may have bought the wrong feed. Chick crumb should be small enough for chick that small to eat. If you think what you have is too large, soak it in water until it goes to mush and then encourage the chick to eat it.
The bag says chick crumble the chick is the size of a golf ball maybe I'm just over worried? Tried the water she didn't care for that at all =(

Put the lumpy feed in a plastic bag and bash it with a rolling pin or stand on it. That will turn it to crumb.
Do not worry, these little critters are tough. She knows where her water is now, she’ll get it.

Put the lumpy feed in a plastic bag and bash it with a rolling pin or stand on it. That will turn it to crumb.
Do not worry, these little critters are tough. She knows where her water is now, she’ll get it.
Great idea thank you

Hello and welcome
:welcome

I am very new to chicken keeping and I have Silkies.
Mine were hatched in an incubator in my kitchen last year.
I have found tons of advice on this forum so no doubt everyone will chip in. I give my Silkies mealworms as they need protein but there’s no bugs in the winter.....(they’re free range) and some fruit and vegetables.
I have a small electric chopper in the kitchen and my girls like apple (no seeds) pears, carrots, lettuce and if I have leftover peas they love those.
It snowed last week so they had warm porridge.
I don’t make it hard work, they just get whatever is in the kitchen and whatever is left........bread too. This doesn’t make up their diet I hasten to add.....it’s a treat.
Nothing mouldy, and no citrus.
Cut a cucumber in half and see if they’ll peck at that.....or a head of cabbage. There’s a list on here of food that is suitable. Someone will post it, they’re very helpful.
Good luck
How old do they have to be

Back
Top Bottom