Silkie thread!

Thought I would add some updated pics of Peeps and our other Silkie Yetti
This is Peeps our Showgirl at 12 weeks, we still don't know if we have a hen or roo any opinion would be welcome.
i

This is Yetti's debut on BYC at 12 weeks, we don't know about her/him either if anyone wants to take a guess.

Based on stance and crest, I would say cockerel.

Here are my new "girls". I was told they were about a month old. My question is will they be all white if they came from 2 white parents. I assume so but nothing I have assumed about chickens has come true. Lol. Either way Percy and Pollie are loved

Here are my new "girls". I was told they were about a month old. My question is will they be all white if they came from 2 white parents. I assume so but nothing I have assumed about chickens has come true. Lol. Either way Percy and Pollie are loved

I wouldn't say a month old. Few weeks. Close to a month maybe. But white parents doesn't mean that all offspring will be white. White is a wild card. It hides a lot of unusual colors a genes. In your case, it looks like you will have 2 beautifully white babies :)

Last edited:
I have a pullet that is about 7-1/2 months and she started attempting to crow when she was about 5 months, but I think it's because she's in close proximity to four roos who crow like crazy.
I figured she just thought she was supposed to do it too.
Thanks so much for this info, it really helped and answered my questions!!!! :D

Ok, so after figuring out that the eggs I have been finding are definitely from my BO's and especially since I've been sometimes finding two a day, I found this.
It was an egg, with a very soft and pliable shell and someone had been piercing it with their beak.
It had been split down one side and I found it directly under where Abigail, our Silkie pullet sleeps and not in the nesting box where I find the eggs.
It is pictured here next to one of the Buff's eggs (they're still small) and from the color I'm guessing our Silkie is starting to lay, but based on the paper thin shell, is this one that she let slip early, or did she just not take advantage of the oyster shell I leave in the run?

Another question would be am I going to have an egg eater after this?
I suspect Major our Buff Orp. roo as the culprit, but I have no proof.

Back
Top Bottom