Silkies - They’re simply SPECTACULAR!

Trying to get a head-count on silkie lovers...

• ME! - I like silkies!

Votes: 799 96.0%
  • ^

Votes: 97 11.7%

• Total voters
It took me a month of daily checking my local facebook groups but my search for a silkie hen is over. A post was finally listed within a 3 hour one way driving distance, every other add I was finding was 6+ hours one way. Everyone meet Chiquita! She is a 2 1/2 year old hen in the color I wanted. She was being rehomed because she and their 2 other silkies, both males, were being beat up by their larger flock memebers. I was warned though when I picked her up this evening, she went broody and had to be broken up 10 times last year. She was allowed her first year to hatch and raise 2 clutches of chicks so when she goes broody on me I know she is a proven momma. Since I got home late she is spending the night inside in the cat carrier. Tomorrow I'll fix up her quarantine area.
View attachment 2958927View attachment 2958928
She's so pretty!!! Congrats!

It took me a month of daily checking my local facebook groups but my search for a silkie hen is over. A post was finally listed within a 3 hour one way driving distance, every other add I was finding was 6+ hours one way. Everyone meet Chiquita! She is a 2 1/2 year old hen in the color I wanted. She was being rehomed because she and their 2 other silkies, both males, were being beat up by their larger flock memebers. I was warned though when I picked her up this evening, she went broody and had to be broken up 10 times last year. She was allowed her first year to hatch and raise 2 clutches of chicks so when she goes broody on me I know she is a proven momma. Since I got home late she is spending the night inside in the cat carrier. Tomorrow I'll fix up her quarantine area.
View attachment 2958927View attachment 2958928
Congrats on your new girl!😍

RIP Burtle :( This morning he wasn't moving, not making a sound, just looked like he couldn't breathe properly so I quickly dislocated his neck with the painless broomstick method. Poor boy. I wonder what was wrong with him.
I am so truly sorry for your loss. :hugsAnyway you can have a necropsy performed on him to find out what he had? Perhaps if you contact your county animal health department they can help you.

Back
Top Bottom