I def won't be able to afford to bring 2 of them to the vet but I do have an antibiotic here if it is a good idea to give her some. I just emptied the pool she was sitting in after laying it last night and even though it was a completely soft shell egg it did look like there were a few bits of crushed egg shell in the pool.
Are you talking about giving Penquin or Pipsqueak?

This morning pipsqueak is spending some extra time in the coop sitting by her pool. Found a couple more little what look like egg pieces in her pool as well. Hopefully I will hear from the vet today usually I can't get it for close to a week after making the appointment

Alright unfortunately the soonest appointment they had available is next Wednesday so i will keep a close eye on her for the next 9 days and hopefully someone else will cancel so I can get her in a bit sooner than that.

You might try keeping up with the Calcium gluconate since it helps with contractions it might help her remove anything else in her body that shouldn't be there Are you seeing any discharge from her vent that might make you suspect infection?

You might try keeping up with the Calcium gluconate since it helps with contractions it might help her remove anything else in her body that shouldn't be there Are you seeing any discharge from her vent that might make you suspect infection?
Ok yeah I will keep giving both of them the cal glu, but no I have not seen any suspicious discharge since immediately after laying the egg. I also just found this piece in pipsqueaks pool another little gelatinous micro egg this is like the 4th one. Never seen anything like this so I went ahead and put it in a plastic bag in the freezer and will save any more that come out of her to show to the vet.

Attachments

• 20240513_093106.jpg
    20240513_093106.jpg
    172 KB · Views: 1
Thats good news. How is she doing?
Seems to be doing okay spending a little extra time in the coop in the morning after I let the other ducks out but haven't found another one of those weird little egg pieces again. I'm sure she will be okay for the next couple days until we get in

Back
Top Bottom