South Carolina

Sounds like everyone had fun yesterday! Those Orpingtons are gorgeous. I would love to get some gold laced myself but they are hard to come by. So at this point I will settle for buffs.

While y'all were having fun I was installing Operation D(efense)

Pic 1: the trench I dug. Pic 2: The chicken wire. Actually 2 layers. one layer is buried under the visible one that you see here and the wire is cut on the edge at the fence line so that if that stupid dog tries to dig under again he will be poked. and pic 3 is when it is completed. all smoothed over and nice.

and below you see my catahoula, Rebel, keeping an eye on the chickens and the sky. All she does is herd those chickens all day long. And then Rebel and my pitt bull mix Hailey laying pretty for the camera. Good Dogs!

Happy Sunday everyone!

Last edited:
Glad you made it home safe!! I really enjoyed meeting everyone...I KNOW I TALK WAY TOO MUCH!!
duc.gif
I had such a good time and learned so much. We sat last night and have decided we are getting away from RIR's and going with BO"S in lots of colors...and BIG!
love.gif
My 2 gals I do have are small but lay a nice egg and are much sweeter than my reds...and I love the Blues...So if anyone has some Blue/lav or any color BO eggs to sell I would love to buy and many of ya'll I can go pick up so they wont go through PO abuse!! My DH also spent the eve planning a call duck garden with my pond in it!!
big_smile.png

Now I just have to figure out what the heck I am gonna do with Puffy....stupid pigeon! LOL DH "accidently"(yeah right) let him loose in my house last night!
barnie.gif
Can he live with chickens?? Guess I have research to do AGAIN!
th.gif

I just can not catch up on all the posts! You guys have been so busy!

Yes, the Newnan show was wonderful! And no, I did not get any pictures because I ran out of here and forgot my camera. I had a blast though meeting people and getting chicks! Samantha it was so great meeting you and your family! And thank you so much for bringing the chicks! They were so happy to get into their brooder last night with a light-- they just laid there and soaked up the heat! And they are the sweetest--Thank you Samantha for bringing them and Thank you Patsy for sending them! I will get picture of their growing.

Mary, thank you so much for the creamed honey! It is wonderful! I do hope we were not too piggish and bought too much! DH figured it might be a while before we could get more and he loves honey! Now he is talking about getting bees. Do you sell bees?

Kimberly, thank you so much for bringing the eggs from Amy! I am so excited to see if they hatch and what I get--Amy, they are so beautiful!

Lauren, it was wonderful meeting you and putting a face to the person!

I wished I had met Susanne and her family but our daughter was getting cold and DH had seen every chicken twice--we went out to the show Friday to pick up our Dominique eggs and chicks and met a wonderful breeder of those birds and had gotten to the show early Saturday so the family was ready to go home early. We all had fun and I really did enjoy meeting people and talking chicken! I wish we could do that more often. I will try to get pictures of our Dom chicks and we were able to get 36 eggs from the breeder too so hopefully there will be more chicks there.

OK, I have to get out and check on birds, there is a bad storm going through here right now with lightening so hopefully they are alright. I hope everyone that went had a wonderful safe trip to and from the show!

Looking great!
Sounds like everyone had fun yesterday! Those Orpingtons are gorgeous. I would love to get some gold laced myself but they are hard to come by. So at this point I will settle for buffs.

Pic 1: the trench I dug. Pic 2: The chicken wire. Actually 2 layers. one layer is buried under the visible one that you see here and the wire is cut on the edge at the fence line so that if that stupid dog tries to dig under again he will be poked. and pic 3 is when it is completed. all smoothed over and nice.

and below you see my catahoula, Rebel, keeping an eye on the chickens and the sky. All she does is herd those chickens all day long. And then Rebel and my pitt bull mix Hailey laying pretty for the camera. Good Dogs!

Happy Sunday everyone!

Glad you made it home safe!! I really enjoyed meeting everyone...I KNOW I TALK WAY TOO MUCH!!
duc.gif
I had such a good time and learned so much. We sat last night and have decided we are getting away from RIR's and going with BO"S in lots of colors...and BIG!
love.gif
My 2 gals I do have are small but lay a nice egg and are much sweeter than my reds...and I love the Blues...So if anyone has some Blue/lav or any color BO eggs to sell I would love to buy and many of ya'll I can go pick up so they wont go through PO abuse!! My DH also spent the eve planning a call duck garden with my pond in it!!
big_smile.png

Now I just have to figure out what the heck I am gonna do with Puffy....stupid pigeon! LOL DH "accidently"(yeah right) let him loose in my house last night!
barnie.gif
th.gif

You do not talk too much! If I had not had my DH keeping track of me I would have talked to you all night!--or close to it! I love talking chickens!
wee.gif
Sounds like you enjoyed the show as much as we did! I can't wait to hear more about your BO adventure!

I am so happy to report that the wheaton roo has FINALLY crowed !! Maybe fertile eggs are in my near future! As a matter of fact I cooked omelettes for everyone so I could crack all my blue eggs and check...but no fertility ring...But I have hope now that it will be anytime!!

They are blue orpingtons I hatched out of eggs from Mary Bell. I love them soo much! I plan on trying to hatch some eggs from them since my Roo is a Blue orp as well. I can pretty much tell their eggs from the others so we'll see!
YOU can NEVER be SORRY about PIC overload!!!!!! I LOVE IT!!!!!!!...oh and your chickens are PURDY and AWESOME!!!! What are the Blue Chickens/ maybe splash chickens?

duc.gif
love.gif
big_smile.png

barnie.gif
th.gif

Check with Mary (the bee lady) about the orpingtons. I am pretty sure she has Blues. Or did have :)

Happy Sunday everyone!

GREAT JOB!
thumbsup.gif
much neater than I could have done!

Back
Top Bottom