Sumatra Thread!

Still no new pics but we finally went and figured out which girls we're keeping and which are going to be sold. Looks like we have 3 keeper girls and 3 going to the sale pen for duns and only 1 black pullet from this year. For cockerels we are still sorting through them since we had an issue with a feather eater and picking, the tails on some haven't grown back yet. But based on combs and feet, we are down to 5 dun cockerels and a few blacks. For bantams we only have 2 black pairs that look good so far with 2 hen raised pullets (black and blue) and a couple blacks that we can't tell the gender of yet.

Pics coming soon I hope, we'll be taking pics of the ones for sale so I'll try to get some of the keepers too

Jeremy,

Yes, all of my Sumatras are from Cackle. I bred Daddy with daughters this last Spring. I think their size is a little small. I think they need to be a little longer legged.

Last edited:
What color would you call this fella? My Sumatra cock is his daddy...
900x900px-LL-bc919b0c_BlingBlingFM08151255.jpeg

and here is his fibromelanistic moms...they are the same size and type as my Sumatra hens...
900x900px-LL-6a6317fc_FMBLONDPULLET06111220.jpeg

900x900px-LL-6b8fcb5a_FMDARKPULLET06111230.jpeg

and one of his brothers...
LL

Last edited:
Yes, did you get the pleasure of meeting him in person?
No I didnt meet him but the person that sold me the birds knows him well. Mine are from his bloodlines I was told. I was able to take some pic of them today but cant post with the computer Im on. hopefully I can later with my own computer. I thought they would be a bit bigger though....they have very dark heads with yellow bottom feet, small combs, no wattles and a VERY bright green sheen. When do the spurs begin to develop because these birds must be at least 7-8 months old and I dont see much development on the legs:(

Has anyone been successful in making them somewhat friendly and enjoy being handled?

Back
Top Bottom