Texas

That Delaware looks rooster like to me....

For those of you that remember, I've been on the hunt for a German Shepherd Dog for the last two or so years. A replacement to my chance, first picture, who passed at a tender old age.

I finally found my new buddy. Meet Karma. ( second picture )

GSD are awesome. No better dog in my opinion.

Karma was a stray with hours left on his time in this world. If I hadn't have been persistent and asked the right questions, I wouldn't have him. The dog I originally went to look at had been adopted that morning. He was the only GSD at the shelter. They are so beyond capacity it's unreal. Two dogs in every kennel. In some more than that.

Yes he looks like a male to me. I have some delawares too , they still young, and I'm getting some more in october or next spring. I want to breed them to the SOP. Delawares seem to be some great chicks.

Last edited:
I have a group of 5 week old chicks, supposed to be 6 Delawares and 6 New Hampshire pullets and 1 New Hampshire cockerel. I'm getting a suspicion that one of the Delaware pullets is a cockerel. Anyone here have experience with the breed? These are my first Delawares,so I'm not completely sure. The NH cockerel is glaringly obvious already. and the NH boy. He's quite a character. My nephew wants to name him Al Capone!
Yes he looks like a male.

Last edited:
That Delaware looks rooster like to me....

For those of you that remember, I've been on the hunt for a German Shepherd Dog for the last two or so years. A replacement to my chance, first picture, who passed at a tender old age.

I finally found my new buddy. Meet Karma. ( second picture )

What a cutie. Looks like you have a new buddy for life.

He's a sweet puppy. I lost both my seniors in a two year time span. The void finally healed. So, I dug a hole in my heart just for him.

On the chicken front: we are up to six broodies.

He's a sweet puppy. I lost both my seniors in a two year time span. The void finally healed. So, I dug a hole in my heart just for him.

On the chicken front: we are up to six broodies.
It amazing how dogs can secure your heart. I have a 10 beagle mix and a large 5 year old coonhound. I have a feeling that they are going to pass around the same time in a few years. They are such amazing animals and I wish they lived longer.

I have a group of 5 week old chicks, supposed to be 6 Delawares and 6 New Hampshire pullets and 1 New Hampshire cockerel. I'm getting a suspicion that one of the Delaware pullets is a cockerel. Anyone here have experience with the breed? These are my first Delawares,so I'm not completely sure. The NH cockerel is glaringly obvious already. and the NH boy. He's quite a character. My nephew wants to name him Al Capone!
Nice flock. I can't help. I have never had a he chicken.

Back
Top Bottom