Texas

We have used Ortho Snake-B-Gone before and it does work but, like you say, come the rain and it just B-Gone.
The problem with sulfur is that it is poison. Things like the Ortho product are safe around animals and kids. They work by confusing the snakes sense of smell which confuses the snake and it slithers away. Also, the snake is still around, just not in the area where you spread the product.
Ok, I gotta ask... how do folks know this works?? Have they actually seen snakes approach it and turn away?

Well, I finally got my hammock chair mounted on my big mesquite tree. The sun finally came out - nice view of a green yard - it stays pretty green no matter what because it's wild/native drought resistant vegetation, but the violent lush green is the upside to all the rain. (Of course, now I need to mow again...)

- Ant Farm

Well, I finally got my hammock chair mounted on my big mesquite tree. The sun finally came out - nice view of a green yard - it stays pretty green no matter what because it's wild/native drought resistant vegetation, but the violent lush green is the upside to all the rain. (Of course, now I need to mow again...)

- Ant Farm
thumbsup.gif
Chair as in not so easily fallen out of?
big_smile.png

- Ant Farm
My luck in East Texas would be between those annoying worms that are all over the landscape or the mosquitos because of the deluge of rain. But, sans those, it looks like fun.

My husband was researching this last night. It was said that NOTHING you put down really works. Not Sulphur or the stuff you buy (snake b gone). This was from a person that captured snakes for a living. So....I just don't know. We are checking into the bird netting. Thanks for all the good feedback.
I don't go out without a pistol. From cotton mouths to corrals, I am surprised they are not coming out of the wood work after this last mess of a storm. I wish they made snake/muck boots. It seems to be either/or. I would not consider going out to the lease without snake boots this time of year, especially now. The feral hogs have taught even the rattlers not to rattle, because they get eaten that way.

Ok. Changing my answer on tracks, after last nights' catch in large live trap. Coon the size of a dog. And paws larger than a quarter. No change on me to put in pic. Size 5-6 ladies rubber boot.

OMG, how did I miss this earlier??? YIKES! Glad you got 'em
thumbsup.gif

I don't go out without a pistol. From cotton mouths to corrals, I am surprised they are not coming out of the wood work after this last mess of a storm. I wish they made snake/muck boots. It seems to be either/or. I would not consider going out to the lease without snake boots this time of year, especially now. The feral hogs have taught even the rattlers not to rattle, because they get eaten that way.
They still rattle here, THANK God.

Here's what washed up at our place, lol.

Little fella isn't even an inch wide. It must have just hatched.

Back
Top Bottom