Texas

I think they were eating left over food on the ground...this is why I lock my birds up at night just part of living in the woods
smile.png

Whew! Glad to hear no losses then!!!
But I will have to say, that is the reason I am reluctant to put my pop door on a timer right now! I am afraid that it will open and there will be coons in the run!!!

Good morning to folks in Texas! How are you this fine Thursday morning?
frow.gif

I hail from north Alabama but I have a co-worker whose daughter lives in Texas, the west Houston area. He has been buying my eggs for her but she only gets them when either he and his wife go there to visit or when she comes home for a visit, which she did this week. I told him I had good connections through this website and could probably find someone in her area or nearby who could sell her farm fresh eggs that are (almost) as good as mine! :) Just kidding! I know everyone's eggs on this forum are good and I have no problem recommending she buy from someone on here.

Is there anyone on this Texas thread who might be able to begin supplying this young lady with eggs? With it being so hot here, my girls not laying very many , and the demands of my regular customers, I was only able to get her four dozen to take back home with her. If you or someone you know can provide eggs, please let me know so I can get her contact information and get buyer and seller together.

Thanks so much and have a great day!!!

Good morning to folks in Texas! How are you this fine Thursday morning?
frow.gif

I hail from north Alabama but I have a co-worker whose daughter lives in Texas, the west Houston area. He has been buying my eggs for her but she only gets them when either he and his wife go there to visit or when she comes home for a visit, which she did this week. I told him I had good connections through this website and could probably find someone in her area or nearby who could sell her farm fresh eggs that are (almost) as good as mine! :) Just kidding! I know everyone's eggs on this forum are good and I have no problem recommending she buy from someone on here.

Is there anyone on this Texas thread who might be able to begin supplying this young lady with eggs? With it being so hot here, my girls not laying very many , and the demands of my regular customers, I was only able to get her four dozen to take back home with her. If you or someone you know can provide eggs, please let me know so I can get her contact information and get buyer and seller together.

Thanks so much and have a great day!!!
I would have plenty of eggs but if she is in the Houston area then she is pretty much all the way across the state from me. I am sure you will hear from someone closer. There are a lot of poultry folk down that way.

My hens aren't laying yet or I'd offer. Wabash Feed in the heights sells fresh eggs in a pinch although they sell out quickly. I'm not sure if they buy them from someone or if they're from their unsold RIR flock of hens.

You can also try posting in the Buy-Sell-Trade area. I am sure there are people in her area that are not necessarily active on this thread.

O.K. Texas folks. Hope none of you are getting eaten alive by grasshoppers and beetles. I know we get enough as it is but this is a radar image of a grasshopper and beetle swarm around and south east of the Wichita Falls area.
I have seen bugs on radar but this by FAR is the most i've seen... Luckily i'm not being killed by bugs (Yet) and I hope nobody else is or will be.

Been gone about two weeks. Chickens are doing fine. I came back they were all alive. The neighbor took good care of them. One interesting development is one of the hatched chicks has developed into an interesting looking Easter Egger rooster. He has a black and white head and neck, a dark blackish/greenish body with gold flecks in his wings. A very pretty rooster. The EE/barred rock rooster now has hackles on his neck and the tail feathers are growing out. He'll make a good dinner this fall. He looks just like a Barred Rock, you would never know he has a bit of EE in him. Barred Rocks are pretty, but mean birds. I can't imagine him being docile when he starts getting his spurs.

Back
Top Bottom