Texas

My husband was researching this last night. It was said that NOTHING you put down really works. Not Sulphur or the stuff you buy (snake b gone). This was from a person that captured snakes for a living. So....I just don't know. We are checking into the bird netting. Thanks for all the good feedback.

My husband was researching this last night. It was said that NOTHING you put down really works. Not Sulphur or the stuff you buy (snake b gone). This was from a person that captured snakes for a living. So....I just don't know. We are checking into the bird netting. Thanks for all the good feedback.
Mandy, I did a little research and your husbands research matches what I found. While I don't agree, based on my own experience with the product I use, consensus is that the ONLY snake repellent that is guaranteed to work is to keep your property free from mice and things that the snake wants to eat. For those of us who keep poultry and have to deal with rat/chicken snakes that is an issue. I do stand by my product and will continue to use it even though it is a little costly. It has proven to be safe around my birds and dogs and actually wafts a pleasant odor into the air.

Good luck with your birds and hope that snake does not give your any more problems.

Ok. Changing my answer on tracks, after last nights' catch in large live trap. Coon the size of a dog. And paws larger than a quarter. No change on me to put in pic. Size 5-6 ladies rubber boot.

Ok. Changing my answer on tracks, after last nights' catch in large live trap. Coon the size of a dog. And paws larger than a quarter. No change on me to put in pic. Size 5-6 ladies rubber boot.

You are nicer than I am. I would have put a hole it's head and empty the trap.

Mandy, I did a little research and your husbands research matches what I found. While I don't agree, based on my own experience with the product I use, consensus is that the ONLY snake repellent that is guaranteed to work is to keep your property free from mice and things that the snake wants to eat. For those of us who keep poultry and have to deal with rat/chicken snakes that is an issue. I do stand by my product and will continue to use it even though it is a little costly. It has proven to be safe around my birds and dogs and actually wafts a pleasant odor into the air.

Good luck with your birds and hope that snake does not give your any more problems.
I agree, if it works use it! That snake won't be bothering us any more, the hoe and pistol did their job. But I am sure there are others around. We are trying to figure out which method to use to "snake proof" their enclosure.

Back
Top Bottom