The "Ask Anything" to Nicalandia Thread

Yes, I saw your question.
Differences between Butters, & a New Hampshire is Butters seems to have a diluter, while they don't.
Ah, I see. Is pumpkin just the New Hampshire red color plus a diluter, then? I’ve seen many hatchery new hampshire reds and production hybrids with his color, how rare is pumpkin? I was under the impression it was pretty rare?

Ah, I see. Is pumpkin just the New Hampshire red color plus a diluter, then? I’ve seen many hatchery new hampshire reds and production hybrids with his color, how rare is pumpkin? I was under the impression it was pretty rare?
It's seen more often in Pumpkin Hulsey Gamefowl, Ginger Red Old English Gamefowl, & Ginger Red OEGBs.

It only seems to effect males, but leaves females Wheaten.

It's seen more often in Pumpkin Hulsey Gamefowl, Ginger Red Old English Gamefowl, & Ginger Red OEGBs.

It only seems to effect males, but leaves females Wheaten.
Huh, that’s odd, I’ve seen a lot of those production hybrids with that orangey color and a brownish tail.

Would you consider this cockerel pumpkin?
E527C685-D864-47BE-8E2C-9029B0321BF5.jpeg

Hi Fruends, I’m About as green as they come chicken wise, though my chicks are now pullets and I have a few laying, so I successfully have grown up sone chicks.

I’m looking to the future and have determined my Bielefelders are my favorite bird, but I would like to introduce more silver into there coloration and potentially a darker egg. I’d like to stay as true to there genetic make up as possible.

On first thought I figured I’d just breed my hens to a lavender marans Roo and be good to go but then I looked into this more and realized there is no way that would actually happen.

So help. What are some good barred silver birds with dark eggs.

How many generations would I be looking at to see change? Thoughts comments.

I’m looking to the future and have determined my Bielefelders are my favorite bird, but I would like to introduce more silver into there coloration
Bielefelders don't have silver in their coloration. Unless you're talking about introducing the color silver into them?

Back
Top Bottom