The "Ask Anything" to Nicalandia Thread

Then maybe that person was wrong?

That was the article I quoted from, so I put in the link in case anyone (you or otherwise) wanted to read anything else in it.
It was one of the other genetics people, I think. I don't remember completely who it was, since it was so long ago.

Okay.

Weird, cause a few years ago someone commented on one of my Orpingtons about stippling, & the only thing was visible on the breasts was the shaft which were just a tad bit lighter then the rest of the feathers.
Were they commenting specifically about the breast area? A lot of my hatchery Buff Orpingtons had some stippling on their wing and tail feathers.

Were they commenting specifically about the breast area? A lot of my hatchery Buff Orpingtons had some stippling on their wing and tail feathers.
They said something about too much, or not enough stippling, something like that anyways. I assumed it was the striping of the shafts since there were no other color errors visible.

For that to work the female's shank must be light colored(white or yellow) and it work best with Silkie over any light colored shank females as Cemani cleary have melanin boosters that inhibit the dermal inhibitor found in light shank females

If you cross a Silkie rooster with a dark shank breed then All of the chicks will have dark skin. For example Silkie Araucana cross
Do the Ayam Cemani distant relative Swedish Svarthönas have the same melanin boosters as Cemani, that inhibit the dermal shank coloring in light shank females?

@nicalandia (or anyone else who knows the answer) I got this little EE girl this weekend, and she has such beautiful coloring! Do you know what the genetics are that make up this particular coloration?
DSC00450.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom