The birb king's chickens

Pics
I recently had a Serama hen get an eye infection and a Rhode Island red hen with a respiratory infection. I noticed both on the same day, and this was about a week ago. I gave the Rhode Island red some VetRx through a syringe and gave the serama hen a little bit too as well as some terramycin for her eye. I did this for a couple days and they both look a lot better now thankfully

Well today has had its ups and downs. The chicks arrived in the mail, a mix of beifelders, wyandottes, leghorns, and Sussex. About 4 of each breed. Sadly one of my week old ameraucana chicks died. Not sure why but it looked like it had pasty but so maybe that's why. A lot of the new mail chicks had pasty butt too. I candled Miniscule Maddys eggs and 4 of 6 were developing. I fed the 2 that weren't developing back to the flock. Epecially since Maddy herself isn't eating as well and needs the nutrients. One of the eggs had a small red spot when I cracked it open so not sure what that was. Apparently my chickens have roundworm too so now I gotta find a way to treat that. Kinda stressful, but here's the new chicks
20240429_180700.jpg

Well today has had its ups and downs. The chicks arrived in the mail, a mix of beifelders, wyandottes, leghorns, and Sussex. About 4 of each breed. Sadly one of my week old ameraucana chicks died. Not sure why but it looked like it had pasty but so maybe that's why. A lot of the new mail chicks had pasty butt too. I candled Miniscule Maddys eggs and 4 of 6 were developing. I fed the 2 that weren't developing back to the flock. Epecially since Maddy herself isn't eating as well and needs the nutrients. One of the eggs had a small red spot when I cracked it open so not sure what that was. Apparently my chickens have roundworm too so now I gotta find a way to treat that. Kinda stressful, but here's the new chicks View attachment 3816149
Cute! All the problems seem to come at once.

The dewormer came in today. I put a few tablets in the water bowls per coop, and made sure everyone is drinking. That should kill the worms and make them poop them out, so I will do a full cleaning on all the coops in a few days. 7 of the chicks had pasty butt. I tried to wipe it off yesturday but that didn't really work so they got a full bath today and now it's all better.

Back
Top Bottom