The EE braggers thread!!!

17106_blue_ee.jpg
Becky3086, do you know what breed/breeds are mixed to get this chicken? I love the colors and way the feathers fall. BEAUTIFUL birds!!

Sadly we are unexpectedly facing having to rehome most (if not all) of our flock. Before we became aware of it, we had hatched and raised a couple of broods of EE (F2 Americauna/GLW and F1 EE/Faverolles) and Black Sumatra.
Our broody silkies hatched two mixed eggs of their own as well.

Anyhow, these two are my hands down favorite of the older chicks, and I'm confident they are pullets. I kept them back after selling their clutch mates because they were so unusual.
Absolutely heartbroken that I will have to part with them,too.

ChickenLover200, you have my sympathies. That is SOOOOOO frustrating, when you want one gender and every day proves you won't get it in the little one you want.

Becky3086, do you know what breed/breeds are mixed to get this chicken? I love the colors and way the feathers fall. BEAUTIFUL birds!!

WOW!!
ep.gif
Those are GAW-juss birds!

Sadly we are unexpectedly facing having to rehome most (if not all) of our flock. Before we became aware of it, we had hatched and raised a couple of broods of EE (F2 Americauna/GLW and F1 EE/Faverolles) and Black Sumatra.
Our broody silkies hatched two mixed eggs of their own as well.

Anyhow, these two are my hands down favorite of the older chicks, and I'm confident they are pullets. I kept them back after selling their clutch mates because they were so unusual.
Absolutely heartbroken that I will have to part with them,too.

Those are also gorgeous!

So where do you live? Who will be the lucky new slave to those beauties?

Those are also gorgeous!

So where do you live? Who will be the lucky new slave to those beauties?

I'm in Ontario, Canada.I do have a few interested parties, but I haven't made any definitive decisions yet. I'm still trying to find someplace with a bit of land that will allow me to keep a handful of our birds, but time is running short and I'll have to make a choice soon. :(

Not sure what to name this little bugger, about 7 -8 weeks old. Super sweet and super pretty! Slightly nervous I have a rooster on my hands :/ hopefully not because I would love to keep it!!

Last edited:
This is the thread where multi colored eggs, leggs and feathers are not only tolerated they are CELEBRATED!!! /img/smilies/lol.png

These beautiful hearty birds are not Amerikana-wanna-be's, but a colorful personality packed part of many back yard flocks, exhibiting great hybrid vigor - a real American backyard breed! Please post your pics proudly! /img/smilies/big_smile.png

This is my oldest hen Roy; she laid a jumbo mint green egg a day through her 6th year, this year at 7 she cut back to about 5 a week.  I call her color Buff Columbian . . .

19992_01-01-09_099.jpg

This is Little baby, my customers call her "pheasant colored" and all want to buy chicks like her lol! She lays a light brown egg every day . . . in the most creative places!

19992_color_patterns001.jpg

These are Red Riding Hood and Goldilocks, they each lay an egg a day, one light green one light brown - they came from Extreme Game birds in Texas

19992_black_australorps006.jpg

And last but not least, this was Fancy Pants. She was our house favorite personality.  She loved my husband and broke into his shop everyday in order to lay her egg on his desk (which included kicking all of his papers onto the floor) . . . unfortunately she alway had egg issues; soft shells, rock hard shells, double yolks (huge) etc.  I had to put her down last month when she became eggbound and it broke inside her . . .

19992_black_australorps004.jpg
so sorry, I hate loosing any pet.

Thank you! And people have before here, they more look at the bird in general! It's crazy weird up here:') hopefully gonna get some
Classy birds for next year!

Back
Top Bottom