The Evolution of Atlas: A Breeding (and Chat) Thread

Yes, I'd skip the intervention. They seldom turn out well unless the person is REALLY ready to change.

I think it's mental illness, or could be. She is acting bizarrely, not just like a cheater, but doing things that make no sense at all. She's had issues at work with people, etc.

My Blue Rock, Neela, isn't doing so well. She was sleeping way too much yesterday. If you recall, she has one nare completely blocked by a growth and the other one is partially blocked as well. She has trouble breathing in extreme heat situations already, is very thin, has recently been molting, is very arthritic on one side with a pronounced limp, etc. She and her lookalike sister, Alice, are just old gals, my "blue bookends" I call them. They are 8 1/2 years old, sisters hatched with Emily, my big Black Rock, and same age as the Tiny Terrorist. So, I expect to lose sweet Neela soon. Even Georgie, my Delaware who watched over little Xander as he was dying, is watching Neela closely, grooming her periodically, just like she did Xander. So, she knows.

My husband is very fond of those two hens. They were the first to jump on an outside roost bar when we told them to go inside and expect to be carried to the pop door, and they taught others to do the same. They trained him well, LOL. They've been really great hens, laying jumbo size eggs; Alice laid a few this year, but Neela stopped last year as far as I know.
I’m cryin’ here. I don’t wanna be a chicken lover anymore, if this is the pain. (Im exaggerating...but...im hopelessly in love.)

I meant to say speckled, sorry about Neela, and yes Sinful, it hurts to watch them suffer, or to lose one. Sheesh!

I knew what you meant. Typing too fast there like I do sometimes.

I'm up early. Back hurting again from the mattress. I have never considered buying a foam mattress, only had innerspring ones. I felt that foam would be so darn hot and I'm very hot-natured, but the cooling gel ones feel cool to the touch in the store, it's crazy. If they last a tad longer than the innerspring, which, though they have 10 or even 20 year warranties, truly they only last about 6-8 if we get real, then I might consider one of the less expensive ones, the ones around $1000 or so. I flipped mine two days ago and for the first night it was great. Last night, it wasn't as good. So flipping that mattress only helps for a short period, then we have to do it all over again.

I have a lot of things I nev

he could send her a birthday card to her new place announcing her age.

Haha, I think the guy will find out he got a bum deal soon enough, no matter her age, LOL. It's like she never grew past 18 years old and lives in a fantasy world. When real life didn't live up to that, she got progressively more unsatisfied. But, what responsible father brings a woman he really doesn't know, from a different country no less, to be close to his very young daughter? I am more concerned for the child than anything else, but not my concern when you get down to brass tacks.

Back
Top Bottom