The Gun Thread

Pics
I might be able to grab a picture of it
Please excuse the poor lighting, as it’s by a window
263A7306-19CD-40A6-98C7-DEE56CFB98CB.jpeg

For range training they had handguns for use from a 22 revolver to a 45 semi automatic. I found the kick of 9mm and higher hurt my arthritic thumb joint, but the 380 was perfect, and I liked both the Sig Sauer and the Walther as their slides weren't too stiff for me.
Exactly, the gun has to work for the person. After I broke my wrist, I knew I wouldn't be able to handle my .357 as a carry gun for a while, and maybe not ever. So now I have a 9mm SIG.
The preferred caliber of the Mafia hitman.
.22 is quiet(er) and plenty deadly. The 3 most important things about a self defense (or kill) shot are: shot placement, shot placement, and shot placement. A .22 to the base of the skull or in the ear are just as effective as a .357 through the heart.

It's an "up close and personal" type of gun, but that sounds like a Mafia hit.

Still, I'd carry a .22 if that was the biggest caliber I could handle. Which might be true someday.

I can't imagine any dad giving a BFG to a daughter, maybe a .45 acp but that could also be excessive.
True. Having said that, DW's favorite is my 629 S&W with 6" barrel. I load it with .44 Specials. It's heavy but packs a wallop with manageable recoil. :hmm

I suspect now that Shabby's gun is a crack barrel .410
1700485504815.png

Back
Top Bottom