The Gun Thread

Pics
I'm right handed, but strongly left eye dominant. When I shot bullseye, I shot left handed. For any two handed shooting, the gun is in my right hand. I carry for a right handed draw. But it's nice to know I can shoot (very well) with my left hand.
I should try shooting with my left hand I’m right hand left eye dominant

I should try shooting with my left hand I’m right hand left eye dominant
This is the story behind my shooting bullseye (BE) competition left handed...

BE is a one-hand only shooting competition.

I had shot 2 matches right handed, since that is my dominant hand (writing, eating). I used my dominant eye (left) to sight with, and my right hand to shoot with. On my third match, I was dealing with some neck issues, and had a hard time using my left eye, so I said WTH and decided to shot the match with my left hand. (My left hand "knows" how to work the gun, ie, load, unload, pull the trigger, etc.)

That match was my best match, by 20 points. And they kept getting better, so I now consider myself a left handed bullseye shooter.

1700526524599.png

When I was first introduced to Convention Pistol, (Bullseye), I was told that it was easier to shoot one-handed than two-handed. I was taken aback at first then as I practiced I realized what they were saying is that you only have one hand to control and not two to think about.

Once you learn the proper stance, breathing, sight alignment, and trigger control it gets a lot easier. All shooting gets easier after that. If you can shoot Bullseye you can shoot everything better.

When we wanted a challenge from the normal matches some of us would shoot off-hand. It will tell you a lot about yourself and add creds with your club members.

This is the story behind my shooting bullseye (BE) competition left handed...

BE is a one-hand only shooting competition.

I had shot 2 matches right handed, since that is my dominant hand (writing, eating). I used my dominant eye (left) to sight with, and my right hand to shoot with. On my third match, I was dealing with some neck issues, and had a hard time using my left eye, so I said WTH and decided to shot the match with my left hand. (My left hand "knows" how to work the gun, ie, load, unload, pull the trigger, etc.)

That match was my best match, by 20 points. And they kept getting better, so I now consider myself a left handed bullseye shooter.
That's cool!
I'm a right-handed, left-eye-dominate too.

Sorry, it's already promised to DD's BF, (if it continues.)View attachment 3687985
Belt, WWII. Holster, WWII. Bandage kit, WWII. Magazine case, 1918. lanyard, 1943. Magazines, ???. 1911, 1918.
I loved to dig through the web gear as a kid at Army Surplus stores.
PM me if they break up...
I'm right handed, but strongly left eye dominant. When I shot bullseye, I shot left handed. For any two handed shooting, the gun is in my right hand. I carry for a right handed draw. But it's nice to know I can shoot (very well) with my left hand.
Hard same here

Back
Top Bottom