The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

I do as much as I can. That first day when we removed the drywall from the kitchen, I helped tear that down and clean up the mess. One day of that work equaled about 5 days of recovery :lol: That's when I started developing my trim removal expertise!

It's hard, physical work for sure! What you did with the flooring helps, that can keep things moving along.
I want to be right in the thick of things, but there's too many errands and stuff to do when I'm not at work. Sometimes living in the country stinks... 2 hours of driving just to get to a store.

The weatherman was wrong again :rant

Zero percent chance of snow predicted. Until about 45 minutes ago. I had to take my cat Opie to the vet for his routine stuff and by the time we got there, it was blowing and snowing. Almost white out conditions by the time we got home.

No errands for me today! I'm in the house and that's where I'm sticking.

The appliances are here!
20181212_111224.jpg dishwasher
20181212_111234.jpg 20181212_111239.jpg stove
20181212_111315.jpg fridge

Here's our progress after a day and a half...

Back bedroom

Bathroom

We too discovered that there was zero insulation in the exterior walls. The attic on the other hand... I think any time tennants complained about being cold the previous owner just put more insulation up in the attic. There's peat moss, then vermiculite, then over 12" of blown in pink.
Almost 2 tons of garbage just from stripping the 9x9 bedroom! View attachment 1613941 View attachment 1613943
Getting modern insulation in there will make a big difference!

Back
Top Bottom