The Old Folks Home

I got the full workup today. Labs, then CT scan, then Oncologist. This chemo product is NOT working, so she's switching me to something else. This time, it's an oral chemo. Thank God!!!! I'm not sure about everywhere else, but the tail end of May, all of June, and the first part of July is when the medical facilities, and hospitals hire the graduates from nursing school. They're called the killing months.

The killing months are when all these nursing graduates are hired, and in training, so EVERYONE becomes their guinea pigs. My poor arms, and veins have never been abused so much, and have horrible bruising. Even the doctor made a note about it.

I'm an easy stick, have never had problems, but lately it takes the newbies at least 2 sticks, before they nail it, OR they have to call in someone more experienced for the 3rd. stick. It might be tolerable for those only going in once a month, or less, but it's gotten horrible for those of us that have to go weekly. Yes, I've always rotated between both hands, and inner fold of both of my arms, so each area has a break, and time to heal before it's their turn to get stuck again.
I hope the new meds work!

I have easy veins too but the DW does not! It can be brutal for her sometimes.

Lately I've been an easy stick. I've been know to be an extremely hard stick. As in every member of the phlebotomy dept wouldn't even try. One hospital had to call in the pic line crew just to get a sample before I could have a scan with dye contrast some years back. I think why I'm easier now is because of dropping close to 40lbs or more. Wish I had a record all along of my regular monthly weight.

Back
Top Bottom