The Old Folks Home

I didn't use all the tomatoes. I'm considering making tomato jam with what's left. I've never made it, never even had any. But for some reason, it sounds like a way to use up the end-of-season 'maters.

Anyone ever made or had tomato jam? Your opinion?
There is a jam/jelly/ pickling place in Lancaster Co,Pa that is open to tourists. They sell every kind you can imagine. They also have samples out. I think their tomato jam is good on baked ham or used like a bar b que sauce. You can also blend it with cream cheese as a dip

My sympathies. Not long ago new tires for our van drained another nearly $1,000. It sure does feel safer going down the road at least now with tread on them again. :old
Tires are expensive! But for some reason there's nothing that bugs me spending money on like paying for heating oil. It just feels like I'm burning up my money and it takes so much. I'm still figuring out a good alternative for this winter. We all love to save where we can

Good morning, OF.
There is a jam/jelly/ pickling place in Lancaster Co,Pa that is open to tourists. They sell every kind you can imagine. They also have samples out. I think their tomato jam is good on baked ham or used like a bar b que sauce. You can also blend it with cream cheese as a dip
Kitchen Kettle Village in Intercourse, Pa.? We go there a couple of times a year and buy jams/jellies for our Christmas cookie making.

Back
Top Bottom