The tiny serama; a Hatching adventure

Go, Foureira, go!! :jumpy :fl :jumpy

Out of curiosity, and I apologize if this has been mentioned and I just missed it, but does her name have any kind of special meaning? It may just be the name nerd in me showing, but I find it to be such an interesting name! :love

Don't apologise! I don't even remember if I've said this in the past, but even if I did, there's no shame in not remembering! I've been in the same situation in the past, and undoubtedly, will be in the future!

The theme for my first seramas was Pop icons/moments, so she is named after a popular artist here in Greece, named Foureira.

@BDutch might know this (also a casual way for me to tag her because I think I forgot:oops:), she is most known for her performance in Eurovision 2018, with the song "Fuego"

We have a broody! View attachment 3900876

Foureira is sitting on two eggs!

Please send as many hatching vibes as you can, because all other broody attempts this year have been unsuccessful

Awww.....what a sweetheart, she is SO adorable there! :love

Come on Foureira, you got this!!
Love You Hearts GIF by Unpopular Cartoonist

Don't apologise! I don't even remember if I've said this in the past, but even if I did, there's no shame in not remembering! I've been in the same situation in the past, and undoubtedly, will be in the future!

The theme for my first seramas was Pop icons/moments, so she is named after a popular artist here in Greece, named Foureira.

@BDutch might know this (also a casual way for me to tag her because I think I forgot:oops:), she is most known for her performance in Eurovision 2018, with the song "Fuego"

Oooh, neat! :D I'll have to look her up! That was before my Eurovision time, but of course, as a silly U.S. American, I was only really introduced to the contest just last year. 🤭

Awww.....what a sweetheart, she is SO adorable there! :love

Come on Foureira, you got this!!
Love You Hearts GIF by Unpopular Cartoonist

She might look cute and adorable, but she's quite the Sassy girl! WoDia might remember last summer when u was trying to befriend them, she was the hardest one to befriend. She trusts me now, but she is not scared to shoe her displeasure with pecks!

She is slightly more "high risk" compared to the other girls I've let sit; only 2 (maybe less) months ago she was successfully treated for an ongoing SLM issue. While the other girls got over it much quicker, hers just wouldn't go away. Thankfully the vaseline treatments finally worked at the start of the summer, and she's been totally healthy ever since, but the SLM has left behind some overgrown nails that I treat on a regular basis.

I wouldn't have let her sit if I thought she was anything but completely healthy now, but I just have to be on top of her manicures...or I guess...pedicures. She's been receiving lot's of extra TLC too, given that she is a serama, and we still get high temperatures.

So far, she's very healthy, and Lady Gaga is very attentive with her

:woot Fluffy has a broody!!! Yes!

Not the first for this summer, actually. Currently Ursula and Foureira are sitting. Cruella has been clucking for a week, but I won't let her. Two of her daughters were also broody before they went to their new homes (I didn't let them). Another serama hen wanted to go broody, but I didn't let her. The first girl of the season was Big Red's daughter, at 10 months old! She was the one who unfortunately lost her chick. That one was tough. Just this afternoon, Cruella's OTHER daughter has committed to brooding an empty nest.

So many broodies, none successful so far:th

She might look cute and adorable, but she's quite the Sassy girl! WoDia might remember last summer when u was trying to befriend them, she was the hardest one to befriend. She trusts me now, but she is not scared to shoe her displeasure with pecks!

She is slightly more "high risk" compared to the other girls I've let sit; only 2 (maybe less) months ago she was successfully treated for an ongoing SLM issue. While the other girls got over it much quicker, hers just wouldn't go away. Thankfully the vaseline treatments finally worked at the start of the summer, and she's been totally healthy ever since, but the SLM has left behind some overgrown nails that I treat on a regular basis.

I wouldn't have let her sit if I thought she was anything but completely healthy now, but I just have to be on top of her manicures...or I guess...pedicures. She's been receiving lot's of extra TLC too, given that she is a serama, and we still get high temperatures.

So far, she's very healthy, and Lady Gaga is very attentive with her
SLM? Scale Leg Mites? Oh I hate those things, SO difficult to eradicate. Glad she's doing well now!

Sass is good in a broody, makes the chicks stronger I think! 🐤 Lady Gaga is a wonderful Dad. 😊♥️

Back
Top Bottom