Things you wish you could say

The local fb market place has more nutters than Craigslist. 😬 Our shelter is actually running a promotion right now, $25 for a cat or $50 for a dog. the cats are older, which is OK, and most are rescued ferals. Look at this pretty little lady.
I would get her but Cat 2 would get her nose all out of joint.
View attachment 3696408
Calicos are fun. Unless neurotic like mine.

For a mixed breed...? Shots? Spayed/neutered? Pure bred, breeding or show quality?

For that price, I would expect a 1) purebred; 2)first puppy shots; 3) good lineage, but not necessarily show/breeding quality.

Or maybe I'm way out of touch with prices on dogs.

When we adopted our last two dogs, we paid about $200 each. Both were spayed and current on shots. Both were full grown.
Now even the rescues want like $400-$600 sometimes as high as $800 for mutt puppies. Granted puppies cost more anyway usually but still. It’s crazy. They claim it’s for transportation from the south mostly but yeah. Shots too but still.

For a mixed breed...? Shots? Spayed/neutered? Pure bred, breeding or show quality?

For that price, I would expect a 1) purebred; 2)first puppy shots; 3) good lineage, but not necessarily show/breeding quality.

Or maybe I'm way out of touch with prices on dogs.

When we adopted our last two dogs, we paid about $200 each. Both were spayed and current on shots. Both were full grown.
Designer, mixed breed puppies (mutts). Cheapest dogs I see are registered Labradors for $600.

I'm not paying anyone anything for a mutt.

I'm not paying anyone anything for a mutt.
I'd pay if they did the shots and spayed/neutered the puppy. Other than that... probably not to a person.

We were happy to pay the adoption fees on our last two dogs. Especially on Mara (RIP, love). She was from a doggie day care that did boarding. Her people left her there and moved out of state. That place was very special. When we were leaving, one of the workers said, with tears in her eyes, "She's my favorite...." Mara was 8 when we adopted her, and we had three wonderful together.

My calico is a sweetie pie - found her as a kitten and just had to pay for spay and shots when she required them.

She’s crazy the way she likes to sleep though

9293F738-8E0F-4BF6-8D52-10E959556633.jpeg

My original calico, Harlie, the mother of my current calicos, was nuts but sweet. She'd play hide n seek and tag. Her daughters are of the same ilk. Smart little critters they are.
Now even the rescues want like $400-$600 sometimes as high as $800 for mutt puppies. Granted puppies cost more anyway usually but still. It’s crazy. They claim it’s for transportation from the south mostly but yeah. Shots too but still.
We found a mixed dog we wanted from a shelter down south, $400

Back
Top Bottom