Toddlers are Quackers

Last week while at Walmart with my brother in law, a woman said Duckling looked just like me. I told her that I was just the aunt, and said he was the father. She said, "Well, she looks just like you. And she's adorable!" :th

Was she from WV? :p

Just being silly - in anticipation of being dragged over the coals (no pun intended) :)

Ohhhhhhhhhhh, @fisherlady !!!
You are the bestest person to ask! You know I am ... Not the sharpest tool. :D you have experience with gravel in the run, and you have seen my set up.
Tomorrow I will be removing the chicken wire from the run. I have a landscaping supply yard behind me. There are a few others in town as well if he is unable to help me with such short notice.
What grade/size gravel do I need? How thick do I need it to be? If I use the Rototiller to loosen up the soil, it comes out almost even with the top of the 2x4s edging the run. How much should I (try to) remove?

If you like math equations, the run is 6 x 24'.

Last edited:
Ohhhhhhhhhhh, @fisherlady !!!
You are the bestest person to ask! You know I am ... Not the sharpest tool. :D you have experience with gravel in the run, and you have seen my set up.
Tomorrow I will be removing the chicken wire from the run. I have a landscaping supply yard behind me. There are a few others in town as well if he is unable to help me with such short notice.
What grade/size gravel do I need? How thick do I need it to be? If I use the Rototiller to loosen up the soil, it comes out almost even with the top of the 2x4s edging the run. How much should I (try to) remove?

If you like math equations, the run is 6 x 24'.
Gravel doesn't come in sizes but stone does, I would want pea stone if you need to increase drainage, gravel is a bunch of smaller rocks <1.5" and sand/dirt mixed

What are you trying to do with the run?

Gravel doesn't come in sizes but stone does, I would want pea stone if you need to increase drainage, gravel is a bunch of smaller rocks <1.5" and sand/dirt mixed

What are you trying to do with the run?

I'm sorry. Us old people can't figure that kind of stuff out. :oops:
When I was at a yard a few years ago, they were telling my husband and I about the A, AA etc. they were big rocks, not little at all.
I have pea gracel in there now. It has all sunk in. Plus, the guy behind me insists that I have to have big rocks. As much as I think he is just a jerk, his family does own a large dairy farm. They are the owners of the stupid guineas that keep coming into my yard. He really does know a lot about animals. Though, that does not mean that he is right. It does mean that he will refuse to sell anything to me if I disagree with him.
:lol: He charges more than the other landscaping yards around here too!
Anyway, I just want to have good drainage always. As I keep saying, this is a now or never kind of thing. I just don't see myself bringing tons of rocks in through the door later.

I'm sorry. Us old people can't figure that kind of stuff out. :oops:
When I was at a yard a few years ago, they were telling my husband and I about the A, AA etc. they were big rocks, not little at all.
I have pea gracel in there now. It has all sunk in. Plus, the guy behind me insists that I have to have big rocks. As much as I think he is just a jerk, his family does own a large dairy farm. They are the owners of the stupid guineas that keep coming into my yard. He really does know a lot about animals. Though, that does not mean that he is right. It does mean that he will refuse to sell anything to me if I disagree with him.
:lol: He charges more than the other landscaping yards around here too!
Anyway, I just want to have good drainage always. As I keep saying, this is a now or never kind of thing. I just don't see myself bringing tons of rocks in through the door later.
Lol ur a good
My bil is a landscaper I would till it and then put a good 3-4" layer of pea stone then compress it and do another 2-3" of gravel

I can figure out yardage tomorrow when I have a desk n computer in front of me

Back
Top Bottom