Virginia

Suggestion, Check each county you are interested in bf moving. Then drop down to check out more local rules/ laws.

Just bc a pasture animal such as a horse is allowed, does not mean you can have a dozen roos. Never assume. Check it out. An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.

We checked things out thoroughly instead of accepting sweeping generalizations. Glad we did. I have a friend that is in an area that even limits how many dogs they can have and yet their county does not dictate the number of dogs. They checked out the county but failed to read the fine print of the HOA.
Agh!

Never again would I live within an HOA. Been there, done that, never again. So it pays to never assume. Hope all goes well for you and your move.

quote]
For my area, Augusta County, chickens are allowed, I don't think there is a restriction unless maybe you open a large business. But there are "eggs for sale" signs all over. The city of Staunton allows NO farm animals. The city of Waynesboro does allow chickens....not sure how many.

I realize you were not asking specifically about chickens. I do know people in this county with poultry 'pets' who have turkeys, ducks and peafowl. I just don't know the rules about all of them.

Last edited:
Hello everyone,
Does anyone know if Tractor Suppy in Roanoke next Saturday, the third Sat of the month if they are still going to hold a flock swap?

I might chance the long trip if they are holding a flock swap & the weather is good. Got some Orpingtons, Phoenix Bantams & Ohikis to sell. If not...I will have to put it off again...

Hello everyone,
Does anyone know if Tractor Suppy in Roanoke next Saturday, the third Sat of the month if they are still going to hold a flock swap?

I might chance the long trip if they are holding a flock swap & the weather is good. Got some Orpingtons, Phoenix Bantams & Ohikis to sell. If not...I will have to put it off again...
yup. 3rd Saturday. but I think October is the last one officially until march

Does anyone know of anyone who might possibly sell me some hatching Lavender Orpington or Blue Orpington eggs?

Do you have any Lavender or Blue Orpington hatching eggs or know of anyone your way that does? I am in Franklin County.

Do you have any Lavender or Blue Orpington hatching eggs or know of anyone your way that does? I am in Franklin County.

Hello,
my Lavenders, Blues, Splashes and whites are just about to come into egg laying. I could not possibly sell any of their first untested eggs. I do plan to eventually incubate their eggs to multiply my stock but I have not tested fertility bc they are still young. I need to test fertility before selling any eggs.

My chocolates are still laying but slowing down a bit. The Reds and Red-Blue laced have not started laying yet but are due anyday. I planned to sell a mated and laying of appx 1 year old Chocolate Orpingtons & a six month old Crele Orpington roo and maybe a Blue or two appx 6 month old girls. Also have a Cuckoo aged 6 months. I have not set the prices yet. Got to do a little research on prices between now and Saturday but I will consider any serious offer in advance. I would need to get down there and take pics if your interested. Thank you for your interest.

Last edited:
If you do ever consider on selling any hatching eggs from your Lavenders I am interested. Also, where are you located?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom