Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

Hi Lutefisk, I was reading your post and thought I would chime in, Fishtale is a great place and I love the fish and their seasonal brews but my favorite is the seafood stew they make sometimes, I don't know if it is always on the menu but it is worth waiting for.  And congrats on getting hitched!
thanks and welcome to the forum! I mostly don't drink the beer, since I'm gluten intolerant (once a month at most) but I agree, excellent beer!

We've been dropping by the Martin Way Diner, mostly. Fishtail is NOISY (which is why we avoid a lot of places, from Anthony's to Tugboat Annie's) and also their menu is full of stuff I can't eat, mostly bacon and sunflower seeds.
no bacon??? Oh dear, I am sooooo sorry! And yes it is noisy, I stay away on Fridays which are the noisiest.

We just had dinner last weekend with friends at Aya Sushi, and it was fabulous. For any fish lovers, try it - great food, beautifully presented and very inexpensive for what your get. [COLOR=0000CD]NOT[/COLOR] noisy, and nice decor.
thats our current favorite sushi place. Love Choi-San, our favorite sushi chef from back when he was at Sushi House. Making me want to go there but I was just there a few days ago, and I try to keep it to once a week or less. Got a date with a steak tonight in Shelton at The Strip, which is better since it's a ginormous steak and I missed lunch due to meetings.

How early is too early to give chicks produce/grass? Oh and post pics of the show yesterday!
he.gif
I started giving my chicks grass at about 6-7 weeks. But, if you consider a hen raised chick has access to grass from the time it starts venturing from the nest, I'd say about 3-4 weeks isn't too early.

Hi everyone. Been busy today. Got what we needed at HomeDepottakemymoney store and got the supplies for my new chicken coop. Yippeee! My silkies are getting big enough to go outside soon. They are going through the funny stage when their feathers are starting to unravel out of their shells. Bad hair day everywhere.

Put my eggs into shutdown today. Hope they hatch. Fingers crossed. Hope to get some Silver Lace Wyandottes and some Black Copper Morans.

Sigh. My kitchen is being tore out tomorrow. I won't have a dishwasher or sink. I might have a stove and microwave. the refrigerator will be in the dining room.

Our dishwasher malfunctioned and dumped ALL of the water inside of it on the kitchen floor, and the insurance company is requiring that everything be taken apart and dried out. There is very little visible damage to the floor but they are concerned about mold growth underneath.

yuck yuck yuck.

Hello wanted to come by and introduce myself. I'm in Central Point, WA (by Montesano) and am new to chickens. I just got me 7 little buff Orpington girls and would love to find them a rooster. I also have my first batch of duck eggs in the incubator due to hatch end of this week, I'm a nervous wreck waiting.
welcome-byc.gif
Welcome neighbor !!!!!!!

Hello, I am in Olympia, specifically the Steamboat Island neighborhood. I have 6 Rhode Island Reds so far, 5 hens and 1 rooster. We are going to see how this goes and hopefully get more, we made a huge run for them and hope to fill it up someday. One of these days I'm hoping to get a couple pigs, I need to find out if they can co-exist with chickens or if I have to keep them separate, that was the idea of the huge run, to have an open barn yard type setting. Have fun with your hatchlings and good luck!
welcome-byc.gif
Well, welcome to you too!

TRIPLETS!

So, we have three new baby goats. Not sure if the littlest will make it - he seems very weak, although he's trying his darnedest to get up. The other two are fine, as is Mom. This is her first freshening and she's really doing well. Until now, she would never take treats from me. Today she did; guess she was just too tired to get to the food bowl and appreciated me giving her a tidbit or two. She even let me stroke her babies without any fuss at all.

One down, one to go!

yuckyuck.gif
lau.gif

Have her pelvic tendons lapsed (disappeared)!?! Ooh! So exciting! What kind of goats do you have? Oh I love goats! =) If you need a goat sitter, I am free all weekend! lol... Every weekend!

What kind of rabbits doe you have? TC, can I come visit? Or move in!? lol! kidding, kinda...
She does have a MiL cabin down the road.....

Back
Top Bottom