What did you do in the garden today?

On the potato drama...

Here's before:
View attachment 3854588

Here's after: 😔
View attachment 3854589

Hoping it grows back...

On a positive note, the dahlias in my memorial bed are starting to bloom. So pretty... Although they've completely drowned out the glads and daylilies

View attachment 3854591
Thinking more about your potatoes, when I was a kid my grandpa grew a lot of potatoes, several acres at a time. They were always planted close to St. Patrick's day. Sometimes a hard freeze would hit and kill all the above ground foliage. The potatoes always grew new vines after the freeze, so maybe yours will rebound.

Thinking more about your potatoes, when I was a kid my grandpa grew a lot of potatoes, several acres at a time. They were always planted close to St. Patrick's day. Sometimes a hard freeze would hit and kill all the above ground foliage. The potatoes always grew new vines after the freeze, so maybe yours will rebound.
I tried to leave as many CLEAN growth nodes as possible... Only time will tell.

Good morning all. It has been hot, humid & very hard to breathe the past 3 days here. My neighbor said they sprayed something on the farm field 3 days ago, so whatever it was is hitting me hard. View attachment 3855310
Gray tree frog serenades us every night by ourView attachment 3855322
anhydrous and pre-emergent always knocks me on my butt.
I love the little grey frog. Ours finally passed away. I have NO idea how old he was. he lived in the open end of a piece of window trim. We he died. I filled in the hole. Not that I wouldn't have loved having another one take up living in there, but they're LOUD.

Back
Top Bottom