What did you do in the garden today?

Whomever told you that about Arkansas was misinformed. I have relocated coons, possums, foxes, snakes, and mice caught on my property to a state park located about 10 miles away. The park Rangers have been more than happy to accommodate me and even take them further into the tree line than I care to walk to release them.

I don't judge how others deal with their pest problems. To each their own. But I personally don't want to kill an animal that is just trying to survive....as long as it isn't a threat to other people or animals. I have put down a coon and a skunk which seemed to either have rabies or distemper. But unless they seem obviously ill, I won't kill them but instead elect to relocate them somewhere that they won't become a problem for me or someone else.
It was a gardening forum. Someone was having garden destroyed by raccoons and I told her about trapping and relocating to a park. The rangers knew we were doing it to and were ok w it. We picked densely forested areas.

It was a gardening forum. Someone was having garden destroyed by raccoons and I told her about trapping and relocating to a park. The rangers knew we were doing it to and were ok w it. We picked densely forested areas.
Most states it's legal with landowners permission.
I have such a problem with townfolk dumping their problems that I have to deal with.... that I try to discourage everyone 😂.
I'm up to 122 raccoons since 2021. Most wouldn't go in the box trap and I have to use dog proof with marshmallow so I don't catch feral cats.
The local wildlife rehabilitation center was told this year, by IL state, to refuse orphan raccoons because of population explosion of racoons. I would say they were all dumped here but I'm catching adults.

Had my first fried okra of the season yesterday. Hollyhock starts are growing like weeds. The largest were 3 inches tall 6 weeks ago. Most are pink. The first pic is from a packet of Country Romance mix.

Attachments

• DSCN1392.JPG
    DSCN1392.JPG
    524.5 KB · Views: 1
  • DSCN1393.JPG
    DSCN1393.JPG
    665.3 KB · Views: 0
  • DSCN1394.JPG
    DSCN1394.JPG
    536.7 KB · Views: 1
Whomever told you that about Arkansas was misinformed. I have relocated coons, possums, foxes, snakes, and mice caught on my property to a state park located about 10 miles away. The park Rangers have been more than happy to accommodate me and even take them further into the tree line than I care to walk to release them.

I don't judge how others deal with their pest problems. To each their own. But I personally don't want to kill an animal that is just trying to survive....as long as it isn't a threat to other people or animals. I have put down a coon and a skunk which seemed to either have rabies or distemper. But unless they seem obviously ill, I won't kill them but instead elect to relocate them somewhere that they won't become a problem for me or someone else.
Ditto, I like the live & let live way, whenever possible. I've relocated many hawks, an Eagle & a few owls when I was with Tri State Bird Rescue. It's a good feeling when they soar away healthy after some TLC & recuperation.

No they do not.
Well, one weird hen, Sweetie, unbelievably friendly, I got her this past year & she was raised by a family with a little girl who loved her. Sweetie must've thought the crinkle sound of me wearing that giant trash bag meant that I had some huge mealworms...she was all over me! Trying to jump up in my lap, hitting wet plastic bag & sliding off, looking tilting her head & pecking my DIY poncho & looking intently at my face with a quizzical expression...like where are the worms! Made me laugh. Yup, she thought her human mama was a giant mealworm bag. 😆 🤣 😂

Back
Top Bottom