What did you do in the garden today?

My sweet baby. Rainy. Laying on me before my husband exploded a balloon on her and she ran away. 😂😭
20240509_214459.jpg

Don't mind the salad master box, my brother in law has been selling it for like 25 years. I got a 12qt braiser at wholesale. I needed it. 😜

The starwars Legos, that's my DH. He also just got autographed photos from several different Star wars things. And he got the Darth maul lightsaber while we were at Disneyland. Meanwhile I'm like "pressure canner!!!!" 🤣

Got the expansion to the garden done yesterday, took 2 1/2 hours still could have done more to it, but ran out of time as I had rented the tiller. Found quite a number of large rocks, I still believe this area was either a creek bed or they used a lot of rocky fill back in the 70's.
It rained all day and most likely more tonight, so my planting and putting up the fence is on hold.
Could be glacier deposit

Do y'all save your nasturtium seeds? It must be easy enough, no?

Got 2 more loads of wood chips this am. Cloudy out, threatening to rain.

My borage is coming up now. :yesss: I need some flowers for the bees, I don't think my strawberries are getting pollinated. My transplanted clematis is doing so good, I didn't think it would survive the move but it looks great!
What kind of clematis? I have sweet summer, autumn, and double flowered varieties. I love them.

I’ve never saved nasturtium seeds but did buy and start some from seed this year.

Problem with some sprays they can kill other things also.
I am not able to say from one spray to the other.
Too true! And lots of people wouldn't even think about that. They say BT doesn't affect anything beneficial, but I take that with a grain of salt. We have such a bad problem with gypsy/spongy moth caterpillars that I need something that is more targeted to them.

I finished the mowing yesterday afternoon. I still need to do the weed whacking. I’m running errands this morning but I hope to get a little work done on the garden on the back hill. I decided to plant the mini watermelons in grow bags and trellis them but that can wait. I need to get that garden prepped and planted with green beans. I wanted to do pole beans there but I think bush beans are a better idea with the local deer family. The summer squash will go there as well. My clematis is getting ready to bloom. All I know is that it’s purple. It came with the house. I bought one to plant at the base of one of the giant stumps. I’m trying to get flowers planted soon.

Could be glacier deposit
We have various rocky areas. I think that the farmer who owned the field just dumped them "over the hill," as there are lots of big rocks in some places, especially going down to the creek bed.

They also dumped an old stove, the bed of a pickup truck, rolls of barbed wire fence, and other large trash. It's sad. We've gotten some of the stuff out, but some of it will be there until it rusts away.

Originally, it was probably a glacier that moved the rocks and left them behind. I ran into lots of rocks when I dug the holes for the trees and bushes I've been planting the last couple of weeks.

Hahaha so funny, I was looking for help for my mom but found some laughs instead. 😊
I can relate with this dude. Those little jerks went thru my starts on the table that I was hardening off & pulled them out of their pots! Dirt everywhere, such carnage for no reason. My garden beds are covered with hardware cloth right now while the seeds are germinating. & I use Repels-All. It mostly works, but they still get in there sometimes. I hate them. I don't know why they bother to come over here when the neighbors have seed out 24//7/365.
What kind of clematis? I have sweet summer, autumn, and double flowered varieties. I love them.

I’ve never saved nasturtium seeds but did buy and start some from seed this year.
No clue. It's purple is all I know. LOL

I finished the mowing yesterday afternoon. I still need to do the weed whacking. I’m running errands this morning but I hope to get a little work done on the garden on the back hill. I decided to plant the mini watermelons in grow bags and trellis them but that can wait. I need to get that garden prepped and planted with green beans. I wanted to do pole beans there but I think bush beans are a better idea with the local deer family. The summer squash will go there as well. My clematis is getting ready to bloom. All I know is that it’s purple. It came with the house. I bought one to plant at the base of one of the giant stumps. I’m trying to get flowers planted soon.
Keep us posted on the mini watermelon. 🍉

Back
Top Bottom