What did you do in the garden today?

Baby cucumber!
We had a storm last night so my last row of corn will have to wait! Wild loofahs I think I might let grow on table (table we used to clean last years!). Btw, loofahs make great tools for cleaning out chicken feeders/water/perch

Attachments

• IMG_7556.jpeg
    IMG_7556.jpeg
    419.3 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_7558.jpeg
    IMG_7558.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 2
Squirrels don't bother my gardens too much, but they stole some eggs last year. I didn't get any blue egg for a while last early summer and didn't think about it because my ameraucanas are seasonal layers. One day I went to check the chickens and heard a squirrel screaming and running away. I found a blue egg at the ground where the squirrel ran off. My black ameraucana girl, Pepsi, was mad! I guess she attacked the egg theft. That squirrel never came back again.
That's crazy! I wish my girls would attack the squirrels, they all hang out together. 🙄

Cool & cloudy today. DH just picked up a bunch of plastic pallets to rebuild the compost bins with. My wooden ones only lasted 2 years. Not necessarily a fan of plastic, but I have to pick my battles I guess.

Today, I was looking at my Genovese Basil sprouts and in a small pot next to it there were some tomato sprouts, but I thought they were volunteers, so I pulled them out and right after I threw them on the ground, I remembered that I planted some Princess Yum Yum F2 or third generation seeds from a plant that had round and tear shaped fruit with a softer skin than the original Princess Yum Yum Hybrid. The fruit starts off orange and then turns red, so I think it has been pollinated by a Sun Gold plant.

Next time, I will label them. I didn't think I would forget....................... :wee

Today, I am trying something different. I made a pizza with sauce and without the pan, and cheese. I put the cheese on after 10 minutes and cooked it for another 2 minutes. The golden color on the underside of the crust was much more uniform than with a pan.
DSCN0370.JPG
DSCN0372.JPG

Last edited:
Today, I am trying something different. I made a pizza with sauce and without the pan, and cheese. I put the cheese on after 10 minutes and cooked it for another 2 minutes. The golden color on the underside of the crust was much more uniform than with a pan.
View attachment 3827798View attachment 3827799
Used to coat the top with olive oil and precook and then put sauce and toppings. I don't remember how long ECT because this was the 1980s :old

Too true! And lots of people wouldn't even think about that. They say BT doesn't affect anything beneficial, but I take that with a grain of salt. We have such a bad problem with gypsy/spongy moth caterpillars that I need something that is more targeted to them.
FYI BT is considered organic. Only works on caterpillars grubs and such. Paralyzes the digestive system. Very targeted for caterpillars.

Back
Top Bottom