What did you do in the garden today?

What's up gardening people, can I come play?

Here is my plot this year... ran out of white board space lol

View attachment 3836847

I grew almost everything from seed this year. I hope that was the right choice, I've never done onions that weren't sets. My first time doing potatoes.
Welcome to the party! I can hardly wait for you to share pictures!

This is my first year growing potatoes as well; growing them on accident from peels that were in my compost bin. There's 3 of them in my cucumber/tomatillo/Bell pepper bed. My husband is very excited as he loves potatoes. 🥴 Hopefully it isn't a huge letdown. 🤣 I will be planting potatoes on purpose next March!

I'll be starting onions from seed in August. I previously used sets, and starts. Not happy with sets performance/variety, and the starts were just a pain since they were planted so densely in the cells it took me about an hour to separate all of them. 😂 I've always done green onions from seed so, it's time to seed all of the varieties.

I grow most things from seed. Next year I'm going to invest money into a better seed starting process, finally stop using the kitchen table...and floor/chairs, and add seed heat mats so my peppers will be happier. I've been taking over the dining area for years.... But now we eat at the table routinely

A very chatty storm rolled through just at sunrise this morning, small hail and all (but not wind driven).
My photos are all incredible, but I LOVE this one as it looks like an oil painting.
(Video should be on FoxWeather, but I don't know when.)
1716132562079.png

I started thinning out the daikon bucket. I think there's enough room in the bucket for 4 or 5 daikon roots to grow to full size. There are twice that many now.

I'll wilt what I plucked in my egg skillet and combine with my morning scrambled eggs. The top of the root is about the diameter of a pencil and the leaves are not spiny at all like other radishes.

IMG_4172.JPG

A very chatty storm rolled through just at sunrise this morning, small hail and all (but not wind driven).
My photos are all incredible, but I LOVE this one as it looks like an oil painting.
View attachment 3837039
Gorgeous capture of clouds!

I have not posted here in a while, I think I'm all caught up!

Buckle your seatbelt, and jump right in. This forum moves really fast!
You're not kidding. :th
I LOVE this one as it looks like an oil painting.
Beautiful picture! It needs to be framed. Mother nature can paint some great ones!

A couple years ago we dug a pond by hand for our 3 ducks and pet goose. Today we dug up ferns from our property (New England wooded) and transplanted them around the pond! We're still going to add a few more. The area is in dappled shade most of the time and the ferns will spread and get very big! We love the way they look. Hubby also 'mucked out' the pond because we're putting down some bentonite.

Attachments

• ferns3 copy.jpg
    ferns3 copy.jpg
    169.4 KB · Views: 4
  • newpond_cover copy.jpg
    newpond_cover copy.jpg
    116.8 KB · Views: 4
  • newpond2 copy.jpg
    newpond2 copy.jpg
    127.1 KB · Views: 4
  • newpond5 copy.jpg
    newpond5 copy.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 3
  • newpond4 copy.jpg
    newpond4 copy.jpg
    104.2 KB · Views: 3
  • newpond8 copy.jpg
    newpond8 copy.jpg
    152.5 KB · Views: 3
  • newpond3 copy.jpg
    newpond3 copy.jpg
    125.8 KB · Views: 5
View attachment 3837039
That's incredible.... You should make it into a poster.

Back
Top Bottom