What did you do in the garden today?

@Minanora glad he's feeling better!

How the heck many cuke plants do you have? LOL, every time I look you have jars & jars of pickles. :lau I love it!

I got released from my back surgery restrictions today, which is nice, but told I have a 25 pound weight limit for the rest of my life. :hit Now I can't carry a bag of chicken feed or a 5 gallon bucket of water. That's gonna be tough, but I need to be thankful I'm not in a wheelchair & suck it up.
Darn on restrictions but glad no wheelchair or worse! May have to get some good young helpers or leave in car and just take buckets out?

I think I have 9 or 12. I got tired when planting and planted beans w some 😂 so some are intertwined. Was just gonna have 6 originally bc of the mess up w beans (didn’t think they were coming up). I planted 6 more and BAM the others came up too

The chickens love the cukes so much there is nothing left for flies! When I get tired of canning I’m sure they will get eaten! I could can 12 quarts a week right now 😮

Picked some squash flowers and fried them up!
IMG_5211.jpeg

It was hot. Husband asked for a drink and only request was that it have some mint in it.

Out from the freezer came the cantaloupe that I saved from the garden and had frozen it in light syrup. Perfect for drinks and smoothies! The one produce book in my gardening and canning library indicates that this is the only way to really preserve cantaloupe.

Frozen canteloupe, mint, San Pellagrino, one 4 ounce can of tonic water, some mint leaves (no alcohol added). Blended with some ice.
Screen Shot 2024-06-18 at 4.34.11 PM.png

frozen last Sept in some light syrup. Still tastes great.
Screen Shot 2024-06-18 at 4.34.31 PM.png

So far the high temps are at 93F. Too hot to cook. I’ll be warming up frozen leftovers instead. My old counter top oven was on its last legs. I just got a Ninja XL oven to replace it. I had hoped to make air fried chicken wings tonight. First I have to hand scrub everything, racks, metal baskets, etc. before use. Wah! I’ve been dividing my 50 pound bags of chicken food into two buckets @Sueby. I can still lift 50 pounds but I’m trying to slow down. I have an appointment with a chiropractor to see if they can do anything for my chronic neck pain.

Back
Top Bottom