What did you do in the garden today?

Rain chances increased for each day this week (not tomorrow) on the overnight model runs, so I chose to not mow hay today. I shall wait for another 4 day stretch.
Tomorrow and Tuesday will be scorching hot, but not windy enough to make up for not scorching hot or windy today, dew every morning, and the change of rain Tuesday night, Wednesday, Wednesday night, Thursday and Thursday night. Nope.
Scorching hot and windy for three days and I can cut and bale.
Anything else and I need a solid 4 days with no rain.

I would trade 4 days with no rain for 1 day/night with rain.

@Midnight Maran Momma , here's a few pictures of my garden
IMG_20240604_200325.jpg
IMG_20240604_200219.jpg
IMG_20240604_200529.jpg

I would trade 12 hours of 100 degree temps for 8 hours of rain
We're supposed to Finally have some rain here, tomorrow. My weather app is rubbish, though, but I'm hoping! My husband's proud of what all I've been bringing in from our garden, but he hasn't seen the bill yet from all the watering I've done. 😳😬

I picked cucumbers today. To my surprise there were enough to make a quart jar of pickles! I added some home grown carrots and onions to the mix, now there's a quart+1 pint of refrigerator pickles marinating in the fridge.

The no-see-em bites are still very very very itchy. Day 4. I just want to peel my skin off. I will never forget how miserable this is, ever again.

Trying to catch a gopher that came from the neighbors yard, right to my pumpkins.... 🙄

Picked my first tomatillos today!

Noticed that the sweet corn is now over 6' tall. I feel like I should be able to see ear nodes by now... But I haven't noticed any. I'll have to count leaf collars when it cools off enough to stand being outside. Mercury reading 97 right now, in the shade. And it's muggy somehow. Humidity is at 61~%. Unusual. There's even clouds up way high... Wind picking up a bit. Probably will cool off a bit soon. Hopefully.

Looks like my last pullet is going to lay an egg today. That'll be all 7 laying. Fed them a bunch of guppies and duckweed today.
Good news; I caught the gopher.

The pullet laid an egg.

I'm still itchy as all heck. Made myself bleed on accident with itching. oops. I am out of control Lol.

my back is slowly healing. DS is recovering from his crazy bacterial infection. It's hot... I'm a grouch.

But seriously the cucumber thing is so great. I love making pickles, even if they're fridge style.

Apricots are only a few days out! We've had several ripen; eaten off of the tree. Soon it'll be a BUNCH. The tree is 14' wide and LOADED. Ugh, my freezer isn't ready. DH just ordered me a new Camp Chef stove to use outside to waterbath process to make room for the apricots! what a sweetie. <3

He's currently playing lightsabers with our boy... though they should both be getting ready for bed. Boys...

Good news; I caught the gopher.

The pullet laid an egg.

I'm still itchy as all heck. Made myself bleed on accident with itching. oops. I am out of control Lol.

my back is slowly healing. DS is recovering from his crazy bacterial infection. It's hot... I'm a grouch.

But seriously the cucumber thing is so great. I love making pickles, even if they're fridge style.

Apricots are only a few days out! We've had several ripen; eaten off of the tree. Soon it'll be a BUNCH. The tree is 14' wide and LOADED. Ugh, my freezer isn't ready. DH just ordered me a new Camp Chef stove to use outside to waterbath process to make room for the apricots! what a sweetie. <3

He's currently playing lightsabers with our boy... though they should both be getting ready for bed. Boys...
Yay on the gopher & apricots (and light saber battle)!
Have you tried hydrocortisone or Benadryl cream for the itching? Benadryl gelcaps make folks sleepy, but some days, sleeping through it is better than itching. My daughter had allergy testing, and the doc basically said if it's green & grows outside, she's most likely allergic to it. EVERY grass, most vining plants & many deciduous trees, among other things. 😢 We had Zyrtec, Claritin, & Benadryl gelcaps, along with a half dozen tubes of the hydrocortisone and Benadryl creams all over the house. They didn't cure it, but they definitely made her less miserable and itchy until the worst of the high allergen season was over.

Back
Top Bottom