What did you do in the garden today?

I pan fry w bacon grease, garlic, salt and pepper. To me, it takes on whatever seasoning you use. I also pickled some last year (dill). Gs loves that. Along w pickled okra.

I will say I’m not fond of the smell of the raw snake bean. But it loses that smell when cooked and pickled. My kids eats it up
Thanks, I will definitely try that!

I pan fry w bacon grease, garlic, salt and pepper. To me, it takes on whatever seasoning you use. I also pickled some last year (dill). Gs loves that. Along w pickled okra.

I will say I’m not fond of the smell of the raw snake bean. But it loses that smell when cooked and pickled. My kids eats it up

Thanks, I will definitely try that!
From what I've read snake "beans" are actually a type of squash, right?

Harvested garlic today!
IMG_7721.jpeg

Yesterday did some weeding around the garden. Stood some corn stalks back up considering Wally or the feral cats keep laying down in it. Counted about 30 ears of corn. Going to try to get more planted at the back of the garden. Got the bird netting put up to stop the cats and Wally from messing it up. Had to replant my potatoes into a pot bc the stupid cats kept digging them up. I can't make it in the house with strawberries and tomatoes. Grazing instinct takes over. Found one of my green beans plants had beans on it, going to get some of those picked. That's about all for now

you should have calmed down and think. put marinated meat in a bag then put that bag in another one and seal.
well, I *kinda* did that.... 😂 I impulse-sealed the Food Saver bag and then put that bag inside a mylar bag.

But next time I'll know to just put it in a ziploc bag and THEN vacuum-seal it! :thumbsup Much easier and mylar bags are expensive.

Back
Top Bottom