What did you do in the garden today?

I've looked for potato beetles and haven't seen any. I think it's little slugs causing the damage.

According to WA State University potato bugs aren't found in western WA. Is this the beetle you were talking about?

View attachment 3882687

*looks for potato beetles on the list of the nematode package I was looking at*
*finds them*
*sigh of relief*

Haven’t spotted any of these yet, myself, but the way the bugs have been this year I figure it’s only a matter of time.

*looks for potato beetles on the list of the nematode package I was looking at*
*finds them*
*sigh of relief*

Haven’t spotted any of these yet, myself, but the way the bugs have been this year I figure it’s only a matter of time.
I've seen those striped beetles in Delaware for decades. As a little kid, at first I thought, cool, we've got polka dotted Ladybugs 🐞 & striped beetles, too. Mother Nature has inspired human fashions.

Now I see Ladybugs & love them even more & I see those striped beetles & think "oh no you don't, you're not demolishing this garden" & promptly remove them. Wonder why they're called Colorado Beetles? They're in every state, attacking everyone's gardens.

(I looked it up)
Screenshot_20240706_080900_Chrome.jpg

I went to do the fingernail test and one butternut broke off vine. So I took the other 2 off. Since this vine is everywhere I have to hunt and search for them!
I’m trying these grow bags one last time b4 I chuck them. Planted micro tomatoes- spoon, cloned from a friend’s bush. We will see.
I think I found perfect spot for lavender that stays bone dry. This pallet container on front patio. We will see. The other 4 are still in house under grow lamp.

The moonflower plant is not dead! Still trying to make up its mind…

Attachments

• IMG_8283.jpeg
    IMG_8283.jpeg
    375.3 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_8284.jpeg
    IMG_8284.jpeg
    727.2 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_8276.jpeg
    IMG_8276.jpeg
    606.9 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_8278.jpeg
    IMG_8278.jpeg
    678.6 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_8285.jpeg
    IMG_8285.jpeg
    545.9 KB · Views: 3
I've seen those striped beetles in Delaware for decades. As a little kid, at first I thought, cool, we've got polka dotted Ladybugs 🐞 & striped beetles, too. Mother Nature has inspired human fashions.

Now I see Ladybugs & love them even more & I see those striped beetles & think "oh no you don't, you're not demolishing this garden" & promptly remove them. Wonder why they're called Colorado Beetles? They're in every state, attacking everyone's gardens.

(I looked it up)
View attachment 3882946
So why don't I have them eating my buffalo bur?! Lol

Disgusting out. No way tomatoes are pollinating in this! I shook the plants anyway, but it's just not happening.

My vacuum is doing a great job with the squash bugs & JBs. The cucumber beetles are a little harder since they hide in the flowers. I *must* remember glasses when going out tho, I vacuumed up all sorts of things that weren't even bugs. 🧐

Feeding the chickens was a struggle earlier. It was like a tropical rainforest. I was sweating so bad even after the rain started up again. It was hard to see with sweat running into my eyes. I was disappointed it was raining so hard because I wanted to check all of the gardens. Not happening. It’s currently 75F with 90% humidity. Ugh!

G’morning everyone. @Wee Farmer Sarah it sounds like you’re in my yard lol. All I did was water everything and give the crew some food and I had to wash up when I came in. So gross! It’s just hot here, not a lot of humidity. I lost one of the EE pullets to the heat yesterday, I feel so bad. The two chicks are both cockerels, no doubt there. I’m keeping the Nn guy, his name is Phoenix. Elvis and his dearest love go to my sons tonight so they’re locked in the coop for today. Hopefully I’ll get the ducks soon, maybe tomorrow. The boy hasn’t been able to capture them yet, they’re too fast :gig I feel like ducks are less fragile than chickens. Just give em a pool and they’re good. The watermelon is looking rough, guess I better change my watering schedule back to the way it was. The Carolina jessamine really looks bad, but it does still have some green on it so still hoping for the best. If it makes it I’ll have to figure out how to shade it a little bit more next year. It says full sun, but I don’t think that AZ full sun is the same as it is elsewhere. No chance of rain in the forecast, super hot and we’re under a heat warning likely through all of next week also. Blah, I’m ready to move somewhere else.

Back
Top Bottom