What did you do in the garden today?

Caught 3 mice in the garbage can trap. No ramp and no roller. They get in there. I found out the can needs to be nearly empty. If I left the lid off with 6 inches of seed they would eat and jump out.
Need 6 inches of water with some seeds floating on top

Caught 3 mice in the garbage can trap. No ramp and no roller. They get in there. I found out the can needs to be nearly empty. If I left the lid off with 6 inches of seed they would eat and jump out.
When I was 10 / 11yrs old my precious mouse Snowy escaped, then later returned with a belly full of field mice. These babies developed so fast and bounced like popcorn inside the average mouse house. Mum ended up bringing home a thick, tall cardboard shipping box, used to transport shoe boxes to the shop she worked in, and still they could be heard popping around. We released them at some point back into the field behind the house.

I nearly killed myself digging up a large clump of agapanthus yest. Scrags of grass and a pesky native plant keep growing through it, which annoys me no end. I now have a bucket full of agapanthus to plant in the gaps. A large ficus branch felled by recent wild wind will be mulched and put to use. I'm no fan of rain after the deluges we've had here, but today I'm running the hose on the rosemary hedge!

I got the jalapeno plants yanked out of the garden and while I was at it I pulled up the green bell pepper plants too. The new turkey fryer regulator arrived today so I can process the salsa outside now.

Here's what I got from 3 bell pepper and 5 jalapeno plants. Enough for salsa and more. The jalapenos look good but they're pretty small and heatless.

IMG_4883.JPG

Back
Top Bottom