What did you do in the garden today?

I dug two rows of potatoes today. I need to spread them out to dry/cure before I store them. Lots more in the garden, that's for sure!

Hubby is going to Colorado for a few days, and my goal is to "eat from the larder."

I did get some milk at the store today. I plan to get some "red taped" (on sale because they're over-ripe) bananas to dehydrate into banana chips while he's gone. He hates the smell of drying bananas, so I'm taking advantage of his absence.

The apples on my tree down by the road seem to be getting popular with the neighbors. Yesterday a car stopped by and asked if they could pick a few apples, and I gave permission. Today I was mowing the yard and there was a car stopped on the road, evidently eyeballing MY apples.

I drove my mower towards the tree, the car started moving and I intently watched it leave, trying to give them the hint that those were MY apples! I'd hate to go down to pick apples one day and find the tree stripped of fruit.

So today I went down and picked a good half bushel of the best apples I could reach. At least now I'll know for sure that I'll have enough for dehydrating, and I want to try my hand at making sauce and apple butter too. I already have the apple cider the butter recipe calls for.

can you please post a photo of that- I just can’t picture how a water gallond jug can have five holes in it with garlic bulbs sticking out. Do you lay it on its side or something?
It's a video I came across on YouTube. Yes you lay it down on the side. The video shows a Crystal Geyser water. It's square-ish.

I got three beds ready for fall/winter crops. Then... we watched "sing 2".... omg guys...its a troll movie. I can't. After watching southpark... I could not stop laughing. I laughed so hard I thought I may puke.

ANYWAY, after the 105 degree day, I amended three beds for garlic, and brassicas. Whoohoooo!!! We spent Saturday on the lake. I will upload photos soon. What a great day. I got to have 3 month old baby in my arms for a few hours. I loved it.

I'm ready to plant peas!!! Good lord the day goes fast.

Back
Top Bottom