What did you do in the garden today?

Morning. I did not sleep well. Woke up a lot and dreams. Still tired. Hope coffee helps. Worked on truck some and found out why the belt broke. Alternator locked up. Ordered a new one, refurbished. Still about $3oo. Almost have the old one out. Got to move the power steering pump to get it out.
Me too ! I blame the current lunar cycle.

I am struggling with acclimating my fabric potted cucumber seedling to the sun. I will try hanging some baskets around my lone cucumber plant to allow a little more sunlight in. I had it covered with the square basket for a couple of weeks. Hopefully it will survive the mid-day sun.

The wild cucumber plants by my ginger are doing fine. I believe it's because it's shaded. I also want to see if their companion ginger plant will repel the aphids as I never see them on ginger plants.

DSCN0075.JPG
DSCN0074.JPG

Last edited:
The beans are still with us! Forecast for 47 tonight, and 50s overnight for the 3 nights after that. I hope that means I can leave them uncovered, so they can get the full benefit of the sunshine. Not that many hours of daylight, and the garden is in full shade by 3-4 pm.

This has become less of "I really want bean seed from these plants" (though I really do) and more of, "How long can I keep them alive by covering them with sheets?"

So fall is here as long as freezing does not happen
zucchini will grow otherwise have to buy them. :wee
This is the start of my tomato and cucumber season in the tropics. My plan for this year is less is more, that way I take better care of them. I will try spraying my tomatoes and cucumbers with Captain Jacks neem oil weekly. It seems very mild.

Back
Top Bottom